Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: List of Departments Authorizing and or Issuing MRDS for duty sidearms

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into that supposed "early" knowledge about the SIG to Glock switch by ATF. The actual switch was delayed a LONG time due to SIG's infamous protest of being removed from the trials for the new pistols, that resulted in Glocks and S&W M&P being awarded the contract. Both were available for purchase, but ATF only bought the Glocks. Also, those were Gen 4 .40cal Glocks, and ATF switched to 9mm Glocks just a couple years ago, so I doubt those guns need to be replaced. Whether or not they want to replace them, and have the money to replace them, is a different story.
    Don’t ha e to replace the whole gun.It can be accomplished via slide swaps, which is what ICE is doing with the recently issued P320s. Yes

True, but they would need to have a contract to do that. Meaning they either have to use a contract that another agency has, that allows their Glocks to be modified, or they have to start the process to get a new contract. Does that ICE contract allow for other pistols, or just P320s?

True, but they would need to have a contract to do that. Meaning they either have to use a contract that another agency has, that allows their Glocks to be modified, or they have to start the process to get a new contract. Does that ICE contract allow for other pistols, or just P320s?
    ICE allows certain approved personally owned weapons manufactured by Glock and SIG but the only handgun there’s a contract for is a DHS SKU P320.

ETA: I guess there are actually two variants of the P320 on the contract because the SWAT team guys are issued a different P320 than everyone else.

Site Supporter
    The slides and optics are OEM being supplied by SIG as a modification of the original contract to supply the guns. Not a 3rd party.

My understanding is ATF is getting their G19M’s off the FBI/DOJ contract. Going forward the Bureau has already modified the contract to acquire G19M MOS and G17M MOS. So it is just a matter of making a side deal with Glock.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-29-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    ICE allows certain approved personally owned weapons manufactured by Glock and SIG but the only handgun there’s a contract for is a DHS SKU P320.

ETA: I guess there are actually two variants of the P320 on the contract because the SWAT team guys are issued a different P320 than everyone else.
    I believe he was under the impression slides are being cut by a third-party vendor.

And there are multiple variance on the contract, all with the DHS FCU. The standard Carry and the Tan SRT gun are most common but there are GOV FS and sub compacts.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I believe he was under the impression slides are being cut by a third-party vendor.

And there are multiple variance on the contract, all with the DHS FCU. The standard Carry and the Tan SRT gun are most common but there are GOV FS and sub compacts.
    Ah, then I misunderstood the question. I also didn’t know about the Gov full size and sub compacts. I hadn’t seen those in the field. Everyone I’ve met with a FS or SC has one of the POW guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

PM sent.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Fayetteville NC PD is now putting dots out for use in patrol. I saw one in the wild last week and spoke with the officer. From what he was saying it’s a short transition class that’s included with the yearly qualification. Glock 17s and using non-OEM plates to mount these Holosun optics.

Attachment 85970

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Fayetteville NC PD is now putting dots out for use in patrol. I saw one in the wild last week and spoke with the officer. From what he was saying it’s a short transition class that’s included with the yearly qualification. Glock 17s and using non-OEM plates to mount these Holosun optics.

Attachment 85970
    Did he pull the weapon out to show you? Or is he walking around with the gun not seated? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Did he pull the weapon out to show you? Or is he walking around with the gun not seated? lol!
    Lol. No, I asked to see the optic.

User Tag List