Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: List of Departments Authorizing and or Issuing MRDS for duty sidearms

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    True, but they would need to have a contract to do that. Meaning they either have to use a contract that another agency has, that allows their Glocks to be modified, or they have to start the process to get a new contract. Does that ICE contract allow for other pistols, or just P320s?
    Replacing slides of a pre-existing platform in use for RDS capable slides would very likely be accomplished using a sole-source supplier exemption if a given contract wasn't structured in a well crafted manner that permitted changes.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Were I to be in a position to do this, it would be a 2-day transition class. Yes, ammo is really tight right now. Dry reps, lots of dry reps.
    Ours is 16 hours, I think 24 would be optimal but after seeing others say they only had a day or a few hours, I'll be happy with the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Were I to be in a position to do this, it would be a 2-day transition class. Yes, ammo is really tight right now. Dry reps, lots of dry reps.
    This is part of the problem I am running into. Command wants a cost basis done before even authorizing going forward with training for the range staff, let alone greenlighting the pilot program I wrote.

Ammo cost and training time is one of the primary sticking points, equipment costs would be on the individual officer. I pointed out that dry fire training will mitigate some of the ammo issue, but falling on deaf ears it seems.

User Tag List