Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you add weight to a P320's trigger pull?

Can you add weight to a P320's trigger pull?

For the P320 folks out there...

Is there a way to add weight (ala Glock NY1 and S&W M&P Mass) to the P320's trigger pull?

I picked up one of their Custom Works FCU's and the trigger pull, while very nice, is WAY too light for my comfort.

Not familiar with the Custom Works fcu product line, but there are at least 2 different trigger return springs (factory and Grayguns), multiple different triggers with different leverages (factory curved should be the heaviest feeling, then factory flat, then Greyguns) and finally sear springs. If the Custom Works uses any of the lighter pull weight parts, you could revert to original non- x series parts to add weight.

Generally the non x series with curved trigger run around 5.5-6 lbs. I tend to use the x series (not legion) flat trigger on otherwise stock fcu- probably right about 5lbs with slight travel at the plateau vs a true wall.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

How heavy are you looking to go?

You're definitely going to want to go curved trigger for less leverage instead of the factory flat.

You could also try a +10% trigger return spring: https://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sa...g-p320-pistols

I don't know how much extra pull weight that would give you.

ETA: Pretty sure you have the regular factory sear springs and return spring in there now.
    Last edited by jbrimlow; 10-19-2021 at 07:14 PM.

I haven’t tried a 320 with a custom trigger. But from spending a year shooting a few thousand rounds through 2 of them, I noted that the stock trigger felt a lot lighter than it actually measured on a scale.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Site Supporter
    ...multiple different triggers with different leverages (factory curved should be the heaviest feeling, then factory flat, then Greyguns)
    If you want to try one, I have a factory post-recall (sorry..."upgrade") standard curved trigger somewhere in my parts pile...just PM me an address.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    If you want to try one, I have a factory post-recall (sorry..."upgrade") standard curved trigger somewhere in my parts pile...just PM me an address.
    PM Sent. Thank you!

I always liked the 250. Heard they had some problems but I thought the trigger was way better than the 320

I would be on board with a little heavier take up on my 320. On a game gun, its a great trigger. as a "people management" trigger, its not my favorite, even though its my current duty gun.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I would be on board with a little heavier take up on my 320. On a game gun, its a great trigger. as a "people management" trigger, its not my favorite, even though its my current duty gun.
    That’s my issue - same as it is for a 1911 at this point in my life. My M18 has a manual safety for this reason.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    That's my issue with it.

I'm a long time 1911 and Glock guy and am very comfortable with either.

This is like having a 1911 without a manual safety.

Fine for a range toy, but no Bueno for patrol use.

User Tag List