Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, Springfield's paid "reviewer" thinks the SA35 is awesome? SHOCKER!
    I don't know the level of the author, Rob Garrett, but he has authored many articles that are not in Springfield's mag. So, it is a quick read and you can take what you want from the article.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Are they Turkish? I thought you had to have the country of origin stamped like the old "Brazil" 1911's, but IANAL...
    Nobody knows for sure where these originate.

Slide sight cuts are the same as those used on the Regent BR9 so slides probably come from Turkey.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity to handle one today. Other than the trigger reset, which didn’t occur until the trigger was almost completely released, there is nothing that would stop me from buying one at $699. I don’t think the current gunbroker rates are a deal and I wouldn’t pay more than MSRP for one. I don’t like the U notch rear sight and prefer the MK3 thumb safety (my P35 is so equipped and it works for me.)

Has anyone confirmed the origin of the components or are we still speculating? I have never seen a Tisas in person so I can’t make a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    I had the opportunity to handle one today. Other than the trigger reset, which didn’t occur until the trigger was almost completely released, there is nothing that would stop me from buying one at $699. I don’t think the current gunbroker rates are a deal and I wouldn’t pay more than MSRP for one. I don’t like the U notch rear sight and prefer the MK3 thumb safety (my P35 is so equipped and it works for me.)

Has anyone confirmed the origin of the components or are we still speculating? I have never seen a Tisas in person so I can’t make a comparison.
    I meant to add that this shop received two SA 35’s and both were heading to their gunbroker page. No MSRP pricing on these yet.

I put 50 informal rounds through the SA-35 a couple weeks ago.

-Mag swells when fully loaded. You can feel the mag scrape as it's inserted. Drops free when empty
    -Feel of trigger reset is vague to non existent
    -Grip fits my hand almost perfectly!
    -When the hammer is down, racking the slide is stiff
    -Slide feels gritty when racked
    -Very accurate when I didn't jerk the trigger
    -Steel frame does a good job soaking up recoil. Very pleasant to shoot
    -Slide lock lever is sticky and sometimes didn't full engage the slide on the last round. I don't know if it's mechanical or a build up of preservative
    -I didn't experience any hammer or slide bite
    -No failures to extract or any other malfunctions. This may mean nothing due to the low round count
    -I love this thing. Shooting it takes me back to when shooting was still a new experience and my father all sorts of wonderful firearms
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

[QUOTE=MistWolf;1327831
    -I love this thing. Shooting it takes me back to when shooting was still a new experience and my father all sorts of wonderful firearms[/QUOTE]

That is what motivated me to buy copies of the first two guns that I owned back in the 1970s but sold a long time ago: a Marlin 336C and a Glenfield model 25 bolt action .22. I remember how exciting it was to finally own a real gun and how special those guns were to me.

About 5-6 failures to extract in its first 200rds. Mix of 115 gr WWB, 124gr PMC bronze and browning 115gr. I sort of stopped counting the failures because I knew this was likely to happen after reading online reports.

This is my fathers and he got it at retail. Told him to just call SA to see what they could do.

Trigger was just ok. Safety extremely mushy on and off. No hammer bite for me or my father. I don’t see using his example for defensive use at all. Still enjoyable to shoot though and I hope they can sort it out.

Name:  795D700A-211D-42D3-B06F-9154D66A9841.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  26.9 KB

Three in stock at LGS at retail / msrp as of 5pm yesterday. Just a heads up if anyone is looking. Feel free to PM me and I can give you details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like Garand Thumb is still messing with an SA-35.

Shoots it at about 3:12 and again at 9:47.

He calls the gun a Browning Hi-Power and it may be an FN. But it looks to me to be an SA-35 going off the hammer and rear sight profiles.

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-25-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It looks like Garand Thumb is still messing with an SA-35.

Shoots it at about 3:12 and again at 9:47.

He calls the gun a Browning Hi-Power and it may be an FN. But it looks to me to be an SA-35 going off the hammer and rear sight profiles.

I like his stuff. This video was pretty funny when the Glock went down and the m&p rolled through. You could tell it stung even though he knows the test is pretty out there. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List