Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    The BHP has been stacking Nazis, commies, Islamic, Marxist and Catholic terrorists and assorted criminal riff raff for 86 years and it's still one of the most prevalent pistols around the world.

If the BHP doesn't work for you, the problem is you.
    No, the problem is clearly you:

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    Lols, some times it really is. It is scary how much disposable income I've spent on this hobby over the last 30 years.
    I'm currently "watching" an clone on g'broker.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No, the problem is clearly you:

I hate Illinois Nazis.

There’s nothing wrong with a passion of the gun / shoot for gun gun but you need to be honest about what it is (and is not).
    Absolutely true. I wear my Hi-Power at work doing my main gig....in which I also wear a dress shirt and tie. If I'm in full uniform with duty belt, it is not the weapon in my holster.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    If Springfield does this right, I think they make some simple changes to the MK III design that are pretty much universal mods people desire in one form or another.

1. Thicken the front strap so it can be checkered instead of just stippling because it is too thin, and then factory checker the dang thing 25 lpi or 30lpi! Checker front and back.
    2. Novak compatible front and rear dovetails please and put a set of simple Novaks on it at the factory.
    3. Magazine disconnect is gone and C&S type trigger so the hole is not even there anymore
    4. Some combination of extending the tang and a C&S style no bite hammer to remove that problem for everybody
    5. Set up the hammer and sear (or just OEM the C&S parts) for a nice crisp 4.5-5# trigger

Do all that and I will also buy a pair because I am a hopeless HiPower addict. Otherwise it is just a gun I am about to send off to Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating & Weaponry to do that package of work anyway before he hard chomes it..(or Sokol, or whomever you use). I would also offer two versions, one traditional SA and one with the SFS kit factory installed, but that is not a deal breaker by any means.

I will pass if they don't get this right.
    Just some kind of front strap treatment. I'd be happy with something like on the Springfield Emissary or the Wilson eXperior.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    There’s nothing wrong with a passion of the gun / shoot for gun gun but you need to be honest about what it is (and is not).
    Well, that goes without saying.

I was having a bit of fun with my response, apologies if that missed the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Looks nice and a $700 MSRP. I can see one of these in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Improved, at Mil-Spec pricing? I’m in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    American made.

Hopefully it has a firing pin safety because the manual safety looks pretty good.

Site Supporter
    Ah fuck it, it wouldn't be the dumbest thing I bought for 700 bucks

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List