Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Actually JMB was ahead of his time...
    Quite a bit of debate about JMB's actual contributions to the final Hi-Power.

Dieudonne Saive is generally credited as being the actual inventor. Or at least the designer who tweaked the gun and got it ready for production.

It must be remembered that JMB was dead nearly a decade before the HP hit the market.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My son texted me these videos shot in the gun store today where he works. A new Hi Power that just came in.

I have no dog in the fight.

That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It must be remembered that JMB was dead nearly a decade before the HP hit the market.
    Look, if people still don't understand that whole Saive thing is a front to cover for the fact that John Moses Browning faked his own death; so JMB could focus on his service as a Grimnoir Knight against The Chairman and Imperial Council. Then I don't even understand why Correia wrote those books to begin with.

IYKYK

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    That's not good.
    Yea. Looks like careful inspection will be important.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Look, if people still don't understand that whole Saive thing is a front to cover for the fact that John Moses Browning faked his own death; so JMB could focus on his service as a Grimnoir Knight against The Chairman and Imperial Council. Then I don't even understand why Correia wrote those books to begin with.

IYKYK

Yea. Looks like careful inspection will be important.
    Lucky for him, the Grey eyed Traveler Okie was so damn smart....and fast..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My son texted me these videos shot in the gun store today where he works. A new Hi Power that just came in.

I have no dog in the fight.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If it's just a rebranded Turkogun, and if they're having QC issues, then I'm not as interested.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Back to looking for a Belgium model....fun while it lasted, but we all knew it wasn't really what it was advertised as down deep (price point, made in USA, all forged, no MIM, etc. If it is too good to be true it is, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Yea I'm back on my ".32NAA all the things" train. And shopping Gunbroker for shooter grade Beretta 81s, Colt 1903s, and Walther/Manurhin PPs. Whichever turns up first within my budget is the first gun to get a reaming (literally).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If it's just a rebranded Turkogun, and if they're having QC issues, then I'm not as interested.
    If it's a rebranded Turkogun, I am not interested at all. I'm not convinced they are though. All the Turkish guns are cast and these appear to be forged guns. But that might be wishful thinking.

I'll wait to see how they shake out in 6-12 months. Folks were right to be wary of QC issues I'm afraid. Most of these things we're seeing are easily rectified, but should not have to be. I think @jetfire called it on page one when he said Springfield could fuck up a wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If it's a rebranded Turkogun, I am not interested at all. I'm not convinced they are though. All the Turkish guns are cast and these appear to be forged guns. But that might be wishful thinking.

I'll wait to see how they shake out in 6-12 months. Folks were right to be wary of QC issues I'm afraid. Most of these things we're seeing are easily rectified, but should not have to be. I think @jetfire called it on page one when he said Springfield could fuck up a wet dream.
    This just give me more of a push towards getting a Shield Plus OR and rolling that way.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List