Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

If you want to poke your other eye out:

No doubt very knowledgeable, but goes on and on, overly repetitive, etc.

I'm plugging through Hi Power University, but it is a chore, which is a shame because he is obviously very knowledgeable.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    If you want to poke your other eye out:

No doubt very knowledgeable, but goes on and on, overly repetitive, etc.

I'm plugging through Hi Power University, but it is a chore, which is a shame because he is obviously very knowledgeable.
    Interesting (but honestly not surprising) that the sight dovetails are Turkish. I had a sneaking suspicion these might be sourced from Turkey given the shape of the ejection port and barrel bushing.

Is that a bad thing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is that a bad thing?
    Only if they're advertising them as Made in the USA.

IIRC their 'new' 1911 frame/slide vendor is actually in the US. Back when they were doing business with Imbel I think the Brazillian frames were appropriately marked.

Calling this "Made in the USA" if all they're doing is assembling Turkish parts may be legal, but it's shady as fuck. If the slide is finished enough in Turkey that the sight dovetails are already cut then how much work are they doing in Geneseo?

Site Supporter
    I'm in Zoom workshops all week... haven't watched the videos...

So, are we saying the entire slide is sourced from Turkey?

I guess that's not a deal breaker in itself. But their analysis of the Tisas found issues with the extractor, barrel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Only if they're advertising them as Made in the USA.

IIRC their 'new' 1911 frame/slide vendor is actually in the US. Back when they were doing business with Imbel I think the Brazillian frames were appropriately marked.

Calling this "Made in the USA" if all they're doing is assembling Turkish parts may be legal, but it's shady as fuck. If the slide is finished enough in Turkey that the sight dovetails are already cut then how much work are they doing in Geneseo?
    It all depends on when the parts actually become a firearm. Do these come in as 80% and then get finish machined in the States? And what about slides, barrels and other parts? Even if the frames are 100% US with imported slides does that make it US made?

In any case, the choice to use something other than Novak or actual FN MKIII slide cuts seems like an odd choice.

Interesting (but honestly not surprising) that the sight dovetails are Turkish. I had a sneaking suspicion these might be sourced from Turkey given the shape of the ejection port and barrel bushing.

Is that a bad thing?

I thought he said the sight dovetails are different than the Turkish ones. I really don't want to slog through that video again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I thought he said the sight dovetails are different than the Turkish ones. I really don't want to slog through that video again.
    Maybe? I thought he said they matched the Tisas dovetail cuts? I don't really feel like watching again either.

From the technical spec sheet that they were referencing (it is available here)

The SA-35 is of the same design as the FN/Browning Hi-Power, but various things about the SA-35 do not conform to FN/Browning production. The SA-35 likewise does not seem to perfectly conform to any other manufacturers’ production either – so it is assumed that the SA-35 is a “reverse engineered” handgun based on, but not necessarily conforming to, the “Classic” FN/Browning design. The nearest “cousin” Hi-Power to the SA-35 would be the Tisas BR9, however, the SA-35 contains multiple components that do not conform to the components that were found in the BR9 (positive in every way as we see it so far). Comparisons made to the Tisas BR9 are chronologically incidental by virtue that the Tisas BR9 was the last New-Gun Hi-Power production that existed in the market prior to Springfield’s SA-35’s entrance – and some similarities to the BR9 that do exist in the SA-35 are, to an extent, already “known design”.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 11-17-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Is that a bad thing?
    It it is sourced from Turkey, then why not buy a Girsan from EAA and save over $200?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It it is sourced from Turkey, then why not buy a Girsan from EAA and save over $200?
    For myself, there are two reasons I’d rather have the Springer. First, I don’t know if the EEA import has the modification to the hammer to eliminate hammer bite. Second, as a vet, I can get the SA35 for $541 and there is a Springfield approved shop nearby.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List