Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

I am still considering one, but not at the high prices that many gunshops are asking right now. I got an email from J&G offering them for only $999. I will likely change out all of the parts with the HP Springs Solutions offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My son texted me these videos shot in the gun store today where he works. A new Hi Power that just came in.

I have no dog in the fight.

Ehh, a bad mag catch can happen...it also might be the mag itself; it being punched out like that when the slide drops tells me that the mag is riding high enough for the slide to contact it, which is not normal. Might be the mag catch, might be the mag itself. If the rest of the gun is sound, the mag catch is an easy and cheap part to replace, and/or the magazine is an even easier part to replace.

I mean, I could be wildly wrong, too..

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Ehh, a bad mag catch can happen...it also might be the mag itself; it being punched out like that when the slide drops tells me that the mag is riding high enough for the slide to contact it, which is not normal. Might be the mag catch, might be the mag itself. If the rest of the gun is sound, the mag catch is an easy and cheap part to replace, and/or the magazine is an even easier part to replace.

I mean, I could be wildly wrong, too..
    Agreed. Until it's diagnosed and fixed, there's little information in those videos.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Agreed. Until it's diagnosed and fixed, there's little information in those videos.
    Agreed. My son said it was a bad magazine catch. I think since this was the 2nd new Hi Power received and #1 was scratched in the box he and others in the shop are ragging on them. The scratched gun, who knows if someone at the distributor diddled it?

My response to my son's texted videos was basically, some will say, "Oh terrible stay away!" others "No big deal Springfield will make that right it happens with every manufacturer".

I have a special admiration for the Hi Power. I saw my uncle's Hi Power as a kid. I thought it was the coolest gun ever. I brought a HP home the day I turned 21. Carried it in a Bianchi Askins Avenger with Winchester Silvertips. At that time no one heard of Gaston Glock.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My son said it was a bad magazine catch.
    If that's accurate, I put it in the no big deal category. I tune up the mag catches on every semi handgun anyway. Some just need a polish. Some need more.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    This just give me more of a push towards getting a Shield Plus OR and rolling that way.
    Agreed. Makes yesterday’s much more sensible purchase of a .32 LCR feel even better.

Hope they’re not rebranded Turkish clones, I’ll see how they looks in a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I am still considering one, but not at the high prices that many gunshops are asking right now. I got an email from J&G offering them for only $999. I will likely change out all of the parts with the HP Springs Solutions offerings.
    I had found a small dealer in Alabama, that was advertising them for $579.00.
    Put myself on the waiting list.
    Now, they want $999.00.
    Fugg no.
    I bid on at least 6 FEG Hi power pistols, that all went well over $700.

That's enough of that for now.
    I'll wait until the price comes down, or look at something else.
    It's not like I need it, it was strictly a want.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I had found a small dealer in Alabama, that was advertising them for $579.00.
    Put myself on the waiting list.
    Now, they want $999.00.
    Fugg no.
    You can advertise something cheaper if you don't actually have to deliver it.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Another BH Springs video.

https://youtu.be/EoWfTJH8aEI

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List