Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Hilton Yam talks about the new pistol:

https://youtu.be/kSBPbnBZ1tY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I don’t have a Glock and didn’t have a 1911 handy. Here is a Hi Power with MecGar 15 round magazine, Beretta 92 with 15 round magazine, and a Sig P228 with MecGar 15 round magazine all loaded with M882 Ball (actually the exact same rounds).

Attachment 79140

Attachment 79142

Attachment 79141

The HiPower has adjustable sights that may add less than an ounce, but basically the BHP with 15 rounds is essentially the same weight as a M9/B92 with 15 rounds at 39.4 oz. The smaller and alloy frame P228 save you 3.5 oz.
    8rds 44.7oz
    Name:  IMG_20211031_000900.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  22.4 KB
    6rds 37.1
    Name:  IMG_20211031_000846.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  24.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info.

Looking at my Staccato right now thinking "One gets what one pays for".
    Nah, It's inherent to the P-35 design.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nah, It's inherent to the P-35 design.
    Depends on the safety. The C&S paddle in my BHP has a nice clicky on/off like a 1911. I'd be surprised if Springfield didn't make their safety with detents for a similar feel.

Edited - ahh you mean in the example of the SA one you handled...never mind, I thought you were talking about a Browning, not one of the new ones. Well, that sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I stopped by a LGS. He said that a very large dealer that he knows is selling what he gets on GB for $2,500 (which I'm not seeing, FWIW). He won't even put them out in his store because he doesn't want to insult his regular customers.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/914459959

Could be BS I guess, bid it up yourself just to make people think that is what they have to pay. Definitely not worth it, but I guess if I ran a gunstore and saw that, I might have a hard time putting one in the case for MSRP.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post

Could be BS I guess, bid it up yourself just to make people think that is what they have to pay. Definitely not worth it, but I guess if I ran a gunstore and saw that, I might have a hard time putting one in the case for MSRP.
    $1,700 and change over MSRP? Over three times MSRP? That's just nuts. (Money; fool. etc., etc.)

$1,200-$1,500 seems to be the going rate.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-31-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post

$1,700 and change over MSRP? Over three times MSRP? That's just nuts. (Money; fool. etc., etc.)

Sold for $2525.00. Some kids just have to be the first on the block with the latest Glock killa.

Even at $699, this appears to be a very good deal. But inflated gunbroker prices? Nah, not so much.

Agreed. I don't know why a low serial is desirable. If anything you might want to go the other way and wait until some wrinkles have been ironed out, and it's not like Springfield is going to try and hold back on production or something. I think a $600ish purchase should be possible in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Sold for $2525.00. Some kids just have to be the first on the block with the latest Glock killa.

Even at $699, this appears to be a very good deal. But inflated gunbroker prices? Nah, not so much.
    I just dont understand this thought process. If you are gonna pay that kind of coin you can buy much nicer guns than this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I just dont understand this thought process. If you are gonna pay that kind of coin you can buy much nicer guns than this.
    Neither do I. I was actually shocked at the sold price. Someone may have buyers remorse once more hit the shelves and prices stabilize. I waited over a year to buy a new Python because of the crazy prices that outlets were asking. Paid retail for it. Heck, they are STILL selling well above retail online.

User Tag List