Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Is that a Kramer Vertical Scabbard?
    If so, how does that work for draw with a full size BHP?

Color me "SA-35 Curious"
    I ran a 5" 1911 in a Kramer Vertical Scabbard for years. I'd do it for a BHP in a heartbeat but for the Summer Special's sentimental pull.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I would be quite happy with a gold bead and it being Parkerized.
    I would like to amend this statement.
    Upon further thought, (yes, I do think every once in a while), I would like to replace the gold bead with a H-P gold line front sight. I think it would be most practical.
    And have the entire pistol Parkerized after the bluing, rattle-can krylon, shoe polish, stove black or whatever the fuck that cheap looking finish is wears enough to warrant it.

Probably better get in the Que at Andrews Custom Leather for a McDaniel II for a BHP.

Would it be too forward of me to inquire at SA "how long until the "Detective" size comes out'?

All in all, I'm giving props to SA for even considering this project, let alone bringing it to market.
    Last edited by wvincent; 10-28-2021 at 11:49 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Thanks. That was helpful. Add me to the club of folks who will have mags for a gun they don’t yet own...
    You're in excellent company--a buddy of mine once bought a Marlin 336 because someone gave him a rear sight for it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    And have the entire pistol Parkerized after the bluing, rattle-can krylon, shoe polish, stove black or whatever the fuck that cheap looking finish is wears enough to warrant it.
    I actually spent a few minutes on the SA site today. They call it "matte blue" which to me means ordinary bluing on top of a media-blasted surface. Media blasting is a heck of a lot cheaper to apply than polishing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Is that a Kramer Vertical Scabbard?
    If so, how does that work for draw with a full size BHP?

Color me "SA-35 Curious"

Sparks 55BN Vertical/No Cant. Draw is fine for me, and I have long arms.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    You're among friends
    I'm with you too. Mags on the way.

Site Supporter
    I would like to amend this statement.
    Upon further thought, (yes, I do think every once in a while), I would like to replace the gold bead with a H-P gold line front sight. I think it would be most practical.
    I’m thinking either actual Birdsong Black-T or whatever the best modern equivalent is to it, over parkerizing.

I guess I better stipple the front strap or grip tape it too.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I’m thinking either actual Birdsong Black-T or whatever the best modern equivalent is to it, over parkerizing.

I guess I better stipple the front strap or grip tape it too.
    I have "Black - T" on my carry 1911.
    It's very thin and wears in kydex.

Name:  20210918_132259-1.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  55.9 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

My Israeli FN

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    I'm with you too. Mags on the way.
    Indeed. Enabler-Forum.com strikes again.

User Tag List