Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

1935 on the digital clock and a photo of John Browning on the wall. This is their ad in November's Guns and Ammo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Amp; 10-19-2021 at 01:55 PM.

God I hope not, Springfield could fuck up a wet dream

So I assume it would be an "import and resell" deal. Who besides the Turks make them now?

Site Supporter
    I actually hope so. A MKIII (firing pin safety) with an improved thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I'd buy one, after the shake out.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Me too. I'm breaking a personal vow to avoid threads about Mk III "modern" BHPs because I sold off two wonderful specimens in the '90's I try not to think about.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I’d probably buy one after it had been out for a bit to make sure the bugs from the early production runs got worked out. I’ve always thought the Hi-Power was an interesting gun and it would be cool to buy one just to have an example.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

The leading suspect on other boards is for SA to do as they did with 1911 and XD, relabel a minor make.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Me too. I'm breaking a personal vow to avoid threads about Mk III "modern" BHPs because I sold off two wonderful specimens in the '90's I try not to think about.
    Over the years I have had 6!!!! Hi powers, from a' 64 Belgian, to a new in the box Practical, even several Israeli guns.
    Don't know why I always trade them, or sell them off.
    The last one was an FEG.
    HUNGARIAN GOODNESS. That gun ran like a raped ape.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    I would guess an FEG. I have two Charles Daly FEGs. They are pretty nice for the what I paid for them

User Tag List