Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    BHP baseplates are sharp.

Maybe we can get a group buy - AB Dick Suction Cups
    Shit, I still have a box somewhere. Probably brittle by now, 40 years later.

360 life!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Are modern plastic pistols better for serious work? Objectively yes. But I would also be well served by heading down to the dealership and buying a brand new Corolla. Yet I drive a Purple '94 Ranger and an '84 Blazer because I'm that guy. So give me something old and stick a rail on it. Except not something that's actually old and valuable because I'm not that heinous.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I have to finally order aftermarket grips for my MkIII now. I've been resisting, but I think this thread is going to make me do it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If you're thinking about a Browning Hi Power as a "service weapon," you simply don't get it. This is a retro throw back classic to the days when pistols were made by hand, and fit and finish were matters of pride for the manufacturers. It's not a "service weapon," it's a BBQ gun. You don't carry it in kydex, it goes in a Kramer or Sparks leather rig (maybe even a shoulder holster).
    With Shark Trim Of Course...

Name:  Elegent Hi Power.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  47.0 KBName:  H[ Power Leather.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  56.0 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    True, but it's not like there aren't options. CZ custom can get build nice a CZ75 SA for $1400 and on up depending what you want. Wilson EDC X9's run around $2500-$3000.
    I got to try a CZ Custom "Bullseye" pistol at a local match. Other than the fiber optic front sight, it is perfect for the "centerfire" portion of a match. Less than $2k delivered and no need to mess with magazines. It even has been fitted with a 1911-like barrel bushing. Test target showed the trigger broke at just over 3#. It was a very good trigger for the sport.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My brace of Sokol guns.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Springfield is one of the few companies submitting firearms for certification in Massachusetts. My hope is that if this is a GP35 copy and if it's decent, they'll submit it for Mass which will help drive down the costs. I saw an Argentine copy go for $1400 the other day.

My suppressed Belgian automatic:

Name:  20170414-095839-small-187602.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  52.1 KB

The funny thing is, I had Novak work it over because I was going to carry it, and I did, for a while...then they stopped making the BHP, and it dawned on me that walking around with an extra few grand strapped to my hip was probably not a fantastic idea. I bought one of the cheap Izzy re-imports a few years ago (mine is an early MkIII; forged frame, no firing pin safety), but the thumb safety is badly fit - it fails the click test. For those who don't know what the click test is, it's pretty simple; cock the gun, put it on safe, point it in a safe(er) direction, and pull the trigger as if to shoot it. Bring it in so you can see the sear/hear it; thumb the safety off, and slowly thumb the hammer back as if to cock it some more. If you can see the sear drop back into place, or hear it...it fails; the sear moves too much with the safety on.

Anyway, because it failed that, I never got around to dehorning the hammer or working it out at the range. One of these days I'll buy another thumb safety and fit it and fix that problem...

What would have been cool is if Wilson or Nighthawk would have bought these and started making factory custom pistols with all the proper branding, logos, etc.

That's assuming these are FEG parts and that SA is going to be making a BHP. Or I guess an SAHP. SABHP? BHPSA?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nothing to do with rust. I can get 3 blue label Glocks with optics for the price of a Novak HP. Meaning I still have two while one is in evidence.

And they will survive a much higher round count which is the preparation for the few rounds you might fire "for realz."

Stock HP suck so that's not even a consideration.
    Why do you have to come up in here with your dispassionate logic, and making sense, and rational thought process?

We're trying to be irrational and emotional here! Sure, it's a flawed design that's at least 90 years old, but it's not a 1911 and damnit it just LOOKS GOOD!

User Tag List