Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    All you people wanting a rail on a Hi-Power must be smoking crack or something.

One thing the BHP brings is a service weapon that is thin, svelte, classy, and elegant. The embodiment of "An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age."
    Look at some of the examples here and in the gallery section. Putting a 1913 rail on one would make as much sense as a pair of truck nutz. The only possible contender would be the old Dawson rail, but if you need a fat-assed flashlight mounted to your pistola, there are plenty of suitable candidates on the market.

I guess the Hi-Power is like coffee......if you don't get it, I can't explain it to you.
    I hear you. It’s the same as when I was trying to explain to my 8 year old why I did not put a touch screen head unit in my 98 Cobra when I recently upgraded its stereo. Some things just don’t belong…

While I certainly appreciate that people want good quality (and reasonably priced) hi powers to be available again I would really really like to see someone revisit the double action offspring of the hi power like the HP-DA and BMP. These pistols retained the svelt form of their father but fell short in so many other ways. It would be nice to see a robust DA pistol with modern features derived from the HP.

That said, I am a crutchenticker fanboi and probably the only one with such desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I hear you. It’s the same as when I was trying to explain to my 8 year old why I did not put a touch screen head unit in my 98 Cobra when I recently upgraded its stereo. Some things just don’t belong…

While I certainly appreciate that people want good quality (and reasonably priced) hi powers to be available again I would really really like to see someone revisit the double action offspring of the hi power like the HP-DA and BMP. These pistols retained the svelt form of their father but fell short in so many other ways. It would be nice to see a robust DA pistol with modern features derived from the HP.

That said, I am a crutchenticker fanboi and probably the only one with such desires.
    While it's not a total answer to your action desires, have you considered a High Power with the SFS system?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If you're thinking about a Browning Hi Power as a "service weapon," you simply don't get it. This is a retro throw back classic to the days when pistols were made by hand, and fit and finish were matters of pride for the manufacturers. It's not a "service weapon," it's a BBQ gun. You don't carry it in kydex, it goes in a Kramer or Sparks leather rig (maybe even a shoulder holster).
    I'm just taking the direct words from what I quoted.

I know what they are. Have one somewhere. I still don't get the dress up part though.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I want a railed gun to replace my railed 1911 on the nightstand.
    Bro, I have always enjoyed you as an online persona, and meeting you IRL did nothing to disabuse me of that fondness.

That said, in this moment, it’s clear that you are the sort of person who would put a dick on the Venus de Milo, futanari-style.

I had such high hopes for WA with your arrival, too…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm one of those people who swore up and down I'd buy a new production SIG P210, but haven't.
    I was interested until I handled a couple. Not anything close to the quality you get out of the Dan Wesson shop for that money. Fuhgeddaboudit.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not to mention I would rather add a safety system than deactivate one as is nearly universal on BHPs with trigger work.
    Yeah. It's the original "lock hole" problem. Gun sucks with it. You get to worry about an overzealous prosecutor and/or civil plaintiff attorney coming after you if you get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I recently spent a few miles behind the wheel of a reasonably recent Lexus GS. Was happy to note that they STILL have (or did a few years ago) two round knobs that control the radio. Volume on the left, manual tuning on the right. Just like God intended.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Bro, I have always enjoyed you as an online persona, and meeting you IRL did nothing to disabuse me of that fondness.

That said, in this moment, it’s clear that you are the sort of person who would put a dick on the Venus de Milo, futanari-style.

I had such high hopes for WA with your arrival, too…

I got kicked out of the Louvre for drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

Sacred cows are for slaughtering. And they are delicious too. I'll cook you some next time you're in town.

Besides my carry gun would still be sans light and light rail. I'm not THAT crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Besides my carry gun would still be sans light and light rail. I'm not THAT crazy.
    It would still have a dick on it, though, amIright?

I’ll take you up on the sacred cow dinner: the profane slabs you worked up hit the spot.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Plus, he's from the parts of Texas where they know how to do cow.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Plus, he's from the parts of Texas where they know how to do cow.
    That gives me a mental image that I’m going to have to work hard at forgetting.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-21-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    It would still have a dick on it, though, amIright?

I’ll take you up on the sacred cow dinner: the profane slabs you worked up hit the spot.

BHP baseplates are sharp.

Maybe we can get a group buy - AB Dick Suction Cups

User Tag List