Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What doesn’t favor Glock is a lack of quality factory thumb safety or factory SCD like device. That’s a non issue for some, but for others it’s an important distinction.
    I'm actually t&e'ing the RDIH ambi thumb safety for Glocks. It works on a mechanical impingement process, and Vega Holsters has provided a Level 2/3 duty holster for a Glock with the safety system installed, and BH Spring Solutions has an adaption kit for similar Safariland holsters.

Mechanically, the system works well, but I have some qualms with it in that to deactivate it you (or at least me specifically) have to move out of my firing grip. There's also a modified field stripping process involving using a simple provided tool.

If used in a duty gun in a level 2 or level 3 holster, I'd probably use it with the safety off, and just use the manual safety administratively (i.e., when degunning after a shift or for nightstasnd defense at home).

I'm discussing how the ergonomics can be relatively easily improved with the partners at BH SS; basically I think that the "pedal" portion of the safety's pad needs to be re-angled, and the lever possibly extended slightly (but the re-angling of the actuating pad might be sufficient).

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....-optimization/

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ring+Solutions

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Attachment 78779

Does this spell excommunication for me? 😁
    I'm scuffing up a CQB Elite in kydex, I'll scuff up a BHP in kydex too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    You're not scuffing it up, you're imparting memorialized character....

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 10-21-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Coming up on a year carrying an Ed Brown in JMCK kydex, and couldn’t be happier. Yes, I have thoroughly marred that beautiful Brown stainless finish.

Whoops.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm actually t&e'ing the RDIH ambi thumb safety for Glocks. It works on a mechanical impingement process, and Vega Holsters has provided a Level 2/3 duty holster for a Glock with the safety system installed, and BH Spring Solutions has an adaption kit for similar Safariland holsters.

Mechanically, the system works well, but I have some qualms with it in that to deactivate it you (or at least me specifically) have to move out of my firing grip. There's also a modified field stripping process involving using a simple provided tool.

If used in a duty gun in a level 2 or level 3 holster, I'd probably use it with the safety off, and just use the manual safety administratively (i.e., when degunning after a shift or for nightstasnd defense at home).

I'm discussing how the ergonomics can be relatively easily improved with the partners at BH SS; basically I think that the "pedal" portion of the safety's pad needs to be re-angled, and the lever possibly extended slightly (but the re-angling of the actuating pad might be sufficient).

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....-optimization/

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ring+Solutions

Best, Jon

Thank you for this post. I tried to PM you with a question and discussion but your inbox is full.

Thank you for this post. I tried to PM you with a question and discussion but your inbox is full.
    I'll do some housekeeping, overdue, obviously. Try again in an hour or so.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    What doesn’t favor Glock is a lack of quality factory thumb safety or factory SCD like device. That’s a non issue for some, but for others it’s an important distinction.
    It’s not a Glock issue - substitute a plastic people pooper with a thumb safety like the M&P or P320. The calculation doesn’t change.

A WWII vintage Willys Jeep is cool but it’s not a very practical patrol car.

Not to mention I would rather add a safety system than deactivate one as is nearly universal on BHPs with trigger work.

True, but it's not like there aren't options. CZ custom can get build nice a CZ75 SA for $1400 and on up depending what you want. Wilson EDC X9's run around $2500-$3000.

Site Supporter
    Glock is an overall better option, no question. Still, the BHP has a positive feature that is not easily obtained on the Glock. That’s my only point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    All you people wanting a rail on a Hi-Power must be smoking crack or something.

One thing the BHP brings is a service weapon that is thin, svelte, classy, and elegant. The embodiment of "An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age."
    Look at some of the examples here and in the gallery section. Putting a 1913 rail on one would make as much sense as a pair of truck nutz. The only possible contender would be the old Dawson rail, but if you need a fat-assed flashlight mounted to your pistola, there are plenty of suitable candidates on the market.

I guess the Hi-Power is like coffee......if you don't get it, I can't explain it to you.
    I want a railed gun to replace my railed 1911 on the nightstand.

So my carry gun and nightstand gun match.

User Tag List