Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Site Supporter
    "Stumbled" across 2 10 rounders on eBay. Dedicated practice mags donchaknow!

We are ate up...
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    So, is this some weird code which actually means to check you on the "Gram" for some awesome SA-35 shooting drills, to include "card tricks"?
    I actually kind of hope so. Is that wrong of me?
    I mean, I've seen a little bit of what you can do, and its pretty fracking cool!
    No it means this gun is likely going to be less than average and I have no interest in nostalgic weapons - especially those I have no history with.

I mean…..I sold the 92G from my fast coin run. Didn’t need the $. Had no attachment to it. Same deal. This BHP clone solves no problems

I can’t imagine anyone believing this version of a High power will be a better quality gun than CZ75 SA - and when we speak of those and their idiosyncratic issues the “all roads lead to G19” chant gets louder so yea

I can’t wait to not buy it

Site Supporter
    Regarding finish, my understanding is that at least some “wonder” finishes offered by some shops are parkerizing with a spray and bake polymer finish applied over the parkerizing. The polymer adheres poorly to bare metal, but adheres very well to parkerizing. The polymer also significantly enhances corrosion resistance over parkerizing alone. I have one gun with a slide finished in this manner, and the finish is quite durable. I would seriously consider this if a gun needs refinishing.

A non-polished blue is a disappointing choice but understandable at this price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Duke

I do not always agree with you. I really admire the conviction with which you advocate for your position. i.e watches to date.

For me, I have wanted one for a long time and could never justify the expense plus the smithing it was going to take to get into the 21st century.

At this point, if I baled on what I literally just termed as a graduation present to me for getting a child thru college (see what I did there!) I could:

sell the mags I have purchased to date at no loss (a) given that I bought them well, (b) their value is going to go up a bit, and/or (c) add a set of grips as a sweetener for a few dollars more.

I get the sentiment to sell something if you no longer have an emotional commitment to it- Marie Kondo et al.

Be Well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I really wish that Springfield would have incorporated a beaver tail on this pistol.

Then I’d get it checkered then melonite the slide then PVD coat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I can’t imagine anyone believing this version of a High power will be a better quality gun than CZ75 SA - and when we speak of those and their idiosyncratic issues the “all roads lead to G19” chant gets louder so yea

Ultimately I feel the same - I was tempted initially (new gun!) but I do think the CZ is a superlative design - magwell and trigger and sights and red dots and data and parts, etc. And I already have a few of them.

Much respect to the late Stephen Camp, who lead me to the CZ in the first place.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Duke

I do not always agree with you. I really admire the conviction with which you advocate for your position. i.e watches to date.

For me, I have wanted one for a long time and could never justify the expense plus the smithing it was going to take to get into the 21st century.

At this point, if I baled on what I literally just termed as a graduation present to me for getting a child thru college (see what I did there!) I could:

sell the mags I have purchased to date at no loss (a) given that I bought them well, (b) their value is going to go up a bit, and/or (c) add a set of grips as a sweetener for a few dollars more.

I get the sentiment to sell something if you no longer have an emotional commitment to it- Marie Kondo et al.

Be Well.
    To you the same sir. All respect

There’s no foul in loving a thing. We like what we like and most the time the things picks us

Really I’m merely touching on the (generalized) gun stance of ultra pragmatism - which is (generally again) supposed to ignored for sake of historical weapons

It’s like the word “heritage” in the watch land

I find the CZ thumb safety to be inferior in nearly all aspects. Too low, too vague, and too narrow, swapping to a wider safety only exacerbates that it is positioned too low. The other thing that drives me up a wall the number of variants with non-interchangeable parts, I might see a cool part that doesn't work with my variant.

An HP or 1911 doesn't really have these problems. Sure you can't put an internal extractor on an external extractor gun. But the triggers, sears, safeties, etc interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

Next thing, you’ll be telling us that Santa Claus is an elf molester who ended each yearly sleigh run at Epstein Island instead of the north pole.

I mean, you’re not wrong but, c’mon man, let the proles have their fantasies.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The other thing that drives me up a wall the number of variants with non-interchangeable parts, I might see a cool part that doesn't work with my variant.

An HP or 1911 doesn't really have these problems. Sure you can't put an internal extractor on an external extractor gun. But the triggers, sears, safeties, etc interchange.
    On the other side of that coin, CZ is manufacturing what people want so… while some parts do not interchange - you have alloy frame, rail, no rail, compact, steel frame, polymer frame, decocker, safety, Omega, DA/SA, magwells, stainless, nitride, ambi and non ambi, beavertails and no beavertails etc. And they sell parts directly to consumers for good prices last time I checked.

I understand though, I had to move from my first 75B to a SP01 Tac and a Shadow, etc. from the P07 to the P01, in the end if you know what you want and need it’s a non issue.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List