Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USPSA PCC/Carry Optics Nationals 2021

Adding on to this thread the results of the race gun nats shows that the gun doesn't matter all that much. JJ got 2nd with a 92 variant open gun. The top 3 limited shooters all shoot plastic guns in a 2011 division. One of them shot minor with a plastic gun.

They are all also sponsored shooters by those companies so I won't pretend like it is their primary choice. But the gun matters a lot less than I want to think it does. The most popular gun in production (shadow 2) has never won a national championship. It shows the shooters not the guns win the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    It shows the shooters not the guns win the championships.
    So much this...

Personally, I don’t see the 92 becoming popular in USPSA. USPSA
    people love aftermarket stuff and there isn’t an aftermarket for the 92. Some of the popular holster makers don’t even offer holsters for it. The gun 92x is on the high end of the price point.

However, if they can get their open gun working it might be a nice budget option for open division.
    IDK - we see a lot of folks with Beretta variants (LTT, Wilson, Vertec, etc) at matches locally. I won't pretend to say it has a huge market share because we know that isn't the case, but it seen as a much more viable options lately...

If Beretta could stop being Beretta for a sec and clue into the US market for a sec, they'd probably do alright. In the meantime, we've got LTT, Wilson Combat, Lok Grips, Dawson and a few others to fill the void.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    IDK - we see a lot of folks with Beretta variants (LTT, Wilson, Vertec, etc) at matches locally. I won't pretend to say it has a huge market share because we know that isn't the case, but it seen as a much more viable options lately...

If Beretta could stop being Beretta for a sec and clue into the US market for a sec, they'd probably do alright. In the meantime, we've got LTT, Wilson Combat, Lok Grips, Dawson and a few others to fill the void.
    I just started shooting a few matches again locally, and I was surprised at the number of LTTs (mostly RDOs since USPSA has apparently been consolidated into one pistol division with a few odd individuals shooting carbines at pistol matches since I stopped shooting :P).

JJ is having an incredible year, 2nd in production, IDPA Champ, and now CO champ.
    I’m really happy to see JJ’s success, and this is icing on the cake.

User Tag List