Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPSA PCC/Carry Optics Nationals 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    How was the stage difficulty? Judging by the number of penalties shot throughout the top 20, it seems like it was a difficult match.

I would have loved to shoot it, but only have enough time at this stage in life for 1 nationals a year (production in May). I'm torn between Production in Palisade next year or CO stand alone nats in Talladega.
    There were 27 combined mikes for the top 10, although Max had eight of those, skewing the average.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    How was the stage difficulty? Judging by the number of penalties shot throughout the top 20, it seems like it was a difficult match.

I would have loved to shoot it, but only have enough time at this stage in life for 1 nationals a year (production in May). I'm torn between Production in Palisade next year or CO stand alone nats in Talladega.
    The stages were a good mix of straight up field courses that favored much shooting on the move, some gimmicky activator sequences stuff and some IDPA-esque stages (fun WHO stage, SHO, while carrying an ammo can, etc).

I liked the mix. A lot of stages had longer shots, complicating the difficulty of shooting on the move, etc.

It was challenging, but not complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    At Nationals, especially with so many great shooters, that's an extremely impressive finish. A hell of a lot more than just "ok."
    It ate the lunch of a lot of GM's... the spread of talent was very mixed up!

That said, I've got so much to learn - the shortage of, well, everything is still frustrating to grind through.

Max finishing fourth was surprising. Probably the most encouraging thing is how quickly people can ascend into the top 10. I’ve only been following the sport for a couple years and both years there have been out of nowhere people finishing top 10. There were only 3 people in this years top 10 that were also in last years. Granted, several didn’t shoot this year but people can ascend quickly in the sport.

JJ is having an incredible year, 2nd in production, IDPA Champ, and now CO champ.

The stages looked really fun. Single hand shooting needed to be on point!

Good job Les and anyone else that got to shoot!

I wonder if Beretta is going to start seeing a surge in popularity as a gamer gun again. Sponsoring a ton of IDPA and USPSA matches is one thing, but to have a bunch of 92 variants in the top results is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I wonder if Beretta is going to start seeing a surge in popularity as a gamer gun again. Sponsoring a ton of IDPA and USPSA matches is one thing, but to have a bunch of 92 variants in the top results is pretty cool.
    Who else shoots berettas besides JJ and Les?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Who else shoots berettas besides JJ and Les?
    to my knowledge no one. thats kinda the point I was trying to get at.

Oh if you mean just for CO nats. I should have better clarified, I meant JJ winning with one. Pre coffee posting

It definitely adds validity / credibility.

(Not that they need it, but you know what they say about perception)

92x Performance has been out for a bit, not much interest. It doesn't have an optic adapter version, at least not on their site, so I presume his is a hybrid between regular Performance and the Defensive. Beretta's site is full of livid reviews about 92 RDO - because people can't get adapter plates, apparently.
    Aside from his win, I don't think that things are lining up too well for Beretta right now. I am glad that he's upholding his side of the contract. Last year was kinda rough for him, by his standards.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

to my knowledge no one. thats kinda the point I was trying to get at.

Oh if you mean just for CO nats. I should have better clarified, I meant JJ winning with one. Pre coffee posting
    Personally, I don’t see the 92 becoming popular in USPSA. USPSA
    people love aftermarket stuff and there isn’t an aftermarket for the 92. Some of the popular holster makers don’t even offer holsters for it. The gun 92x is on the high end of the price point.

However, if they can get their open gun working it might be a nice budget option for open division.

User Tag List