Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen Colin Powell dead of Covid complications

Gen Colin Powell dead of Covid complications

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

May he rest in peace and his family be comforted.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

R.I.P. General…

It’s being widely reported that his family is saying he was FULLY VAXED. Sad times.

R.I.P. General. Thank you for your service to the country.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A soldier and a statesman. He served his country honorably. R.I.P. We are diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    R.I.P. General…

It’s being widely reported that his family is saying he was FULLY VAXED. Sad times.
    Before his death, former Secretary of State Colin Powell was being treated for multiple myeloma at Walter Reed National Medical Center and he was fully vaccinated from Covid-19.

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhl...h-123839557582

General Powell was responsible for my first ride in a Huey. When I was a PFC in the Oklahoma Army National Guard, my unit was attached to the 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized) while General Powell was their Assistant Division Commander. One year we went to the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin, CA, to do our two weeks of Annual Training with elements of the 4th Mech. This was a BIG deal because the Guard had been the Army's red-headed stepchild since Korea but now they were taking us seriously. I think it was also one of the first times that an OKARNG unit had made it farther than Arkansas for Summer Camp.

So my section and I are out in the desert minding our own business when here comes a Huey. It lands and BG Powell steps out along with a couple of staff officers. Before he gets down to business with my chain of command, he puts the snuffies on his bird and has the pilot fly us around for 15-20 minutes.

I offered him a jeep ride after we landed but he declined.

RIP, sir.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    RIP, sir.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Before his death, former Secretary of State Colin Powell was being treated for multiple myeloma at Walter Reed National Medical Center and he was fully vaccinated from Covid-19.

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhl...h-123839557582
    I was fully vaxxed (Moderna) and have multiple myeloma and got the 'Rona too. Both the disease and the treatment for it do a number on your immune system.

RIP, General Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I was fully vaxxed (Moderna) and have multiple myeloma and got the 'Rona too. Both the disease and the treatment for it do a number on your immune system.

RIP, General Powell.
    Stay strong revchuck38! My prayers and best wishes are with you.

User Tag List