Thread: SPHUR G3/HK-91 Stock installation video

SPHUR G3/HK-91 Stock installation video

Hey guys,

I made a little video showing the process of swapping in a SPHUR stock. It isn't hard but it is more involved that you might expect.

Just a side note, I had bad luck with the HK parts heavy buffer. It needed to be staked and then it caused my gun to malfunction so I just tossed it in my parts bin. The stock Is pretty cool. Next I need to find someone to cut down the barrel on my Springfield.

Thanks for posting. The Spuhr stock caught my eye a few years ago. I have a JLD Enterprises PTR91 in the safe that I have often thought about upgrading with that stock. The LOP on the fixed stock is way too long for me, and this seems to be an answer. Just not sure if I want to invest that much in a legacy rifle that requires match ammo to feed properly. Mine has the original JLD shallow barrel flutes…

It's a cool item. It is definitely more of an improvement than you would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,
    . Next I need to find someone to cut down the barrel on my Springfield.

Arizona Response System, Mark Graham, used to be the only HK smith that would cut a barrel down with out pulling and repressing it. He would cut rhe barrel to 16.5" but not moce the triple tree or shorten the cocking tube. His site only mentions FALs, but it would be worth reaching out to him. He is. gunplumber@arizonaresponsesystems.com

www.arizonaresponsesystems.com

Mark isn't taking on an HK work at the moment, as of 2018, not sure about now, email and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    It's a cool item. It is definitely more of an improvement than you would expect.
    I added one last year, I agree it helps more than you would think.

And getting my buffer out took some torque and bad language, but it all ended well.

This has become interesting, as I just learned that the HK91 is ready to fire, when the safety lever is aligned with the target/opponent/enemy. This matches the two auto-pistol systems I use; ready to fire when the safety lever is aligned with the threat. I have become tired of using a rifle system (AR15/M4) that is ready to fire when its Dingus is Down, while one of my pistol systems is on-safe when its Dingus is Down. Cognitive Dissonance is a B Itch. The two aforementioned auto-pistol systems had head starts, of 18 and 10+ years, respectively, as I did not start using an AR15 until age 40, when my employer finally re-started a patrol rifle program, after 19 years of disallowing patrol rifles. (The M1 Carbine had been the usual patrol rifle, until the 1983 rule change that banned patrol rifles. I was not yet an officer, however, in 1983.)

In retirement, now, of course, I can use whatever rifle system I want.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List