Thread: Glock aftermarket slide quality?

Glock aftermarket slide quality?

Currently have a ZEV duty slide and a Grey Ghost v2 inbound. The ZEV has shipped, and the GG may be shortly behind. When I initially ordered the GG, it was showing in stock, but my phone glitched out and now have doubts about that. The GG was about $150 more than the ZEV. Question is, do you truly get what you pay for in aftermarket Glock slides?

Also, it appears that the GG does not have the recoil lugs / bosses in place of the mount screws. The ZEV duty definitely does. Now weather or not that matters I don't know.
    Taking a break from social media.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a couple aftermarket slides - one is a g17 AimSurplus complete slide (including their homebrew internal parts) with threaded barrel by syndicate. Cut for RMR, has HS507c. I almost exclusively use this with my Octane 45HD. The other is a G19 slide by KE Arms, Glock OEM parts except for a Faxon bbl with the KE arms 2 chamber comp mounted on it. Has ACRO mounted on it. 15lb ISMI spring.

Because one has a comp and the other has a can and I favor putting wolf 115gr through both, It's hard for me to comment on reliability. The KE arms slide has worked 100% whenever I put anything less wimpy through it and still does a reasonable job with wolf as well, and the G17 is pretty solid without the can. So, tough for me to gauge reliability but so far so good for my needs. I would be willing to carry the G19 below after I've shot it a bunch more - may tweak the recoil spring a bit further.

I’ve had aftermarket slides from Brownells, AIM and Lone Wolf. The only one I’d buy again is the Brownells. It’s got the raised posts where the screws go in, but not the raised bosses up in front. I’ve had several of the Brownells slides and I think they’re a great bang for the buck. Top one is a Brownells slide. Bottom is AIM.

Name:  43722AA9-743F-4E2B-AA00-8B1DE8B52A87.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  85.2 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I also have the Browneels slide with the RMR cut with the open top for a Gen-4 G-19
    about 2 years, now probably 8K rounds if not more. 0 problems I will recommend it for sure.

Simong

I have a Midway “Swenson” gen 3 G19 slide that is cut for the vortex pattern. The barrel hole in the front of the slide is too small to work with a Glock oem barrel. It functions fine with a storm lake barrel.

I have a zev gen 1 comp on it and it needs +p ammo to cycle without a wml. With an x300 it will cycle Winchester nato ammo. With typical range ammo it is basically a pump action pistol.

It has some nice touches. The rear underside of the slide is beveled so it doesn’t bite my hand, and the front cocking serrations really sold me on the concept. Most of my shooting with it was on a factory g19 lower (~700 rds?), but it is now on a polymer80 that I built during covid (~10 rds).

Site Supporter
    I have a Zev 19.5 Duty slide with a couple thousand rounds through it. I've had 0 issues, but at least half of those rounds are Federal Syntech. I haven't really tested it with weaker ammo.

Only downside I see to it is that it does not eject as well as my factory 19.5 MOS. I occasionally get hit in the head by the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I occasionally get hit in the head by the brass.
    Ammo ejection, or boss having a going hill day, you decide.

I have a Brownells slide, G19 length, w/ OEM internals and Ameriglo sights, no RDS.

I can say it's excellent, gun has been flawless for close to 2,000 rounds, and I would absolutely buy another.

Does anyone have experience with Zaffiri Precision? They've been running deals on complete slides +/- lower parts that have been tempting.

User Tag List