Thread: Tim Herron and A.J. Zito “Train with Purpose” November 19, 2021 Prescott, AZ

Tim Herron and A.J. Zito “Train with Purpose” November 19, 2021 Prescott, AZ

Name:  686F8454-23DE-47F7-A256-08F8832EEAFC.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  19.1 KB

Tim and A.J. take you through the process of making the most out of your practice sessions and how to practice with a purpose.

The Purposeful Practice Workshop is a comprehensive program based on the art of developing skill with the handgun. Lots of students come to a course, see and shoot several drills and exercises, leave the class and have no idea how to incorporate what they've seen into a structured practice routine. This workshop bridges that gap. We start by discussing metrics and how to use them and push forward to creating and validating your own practice.

Topics Covered:

Safety
    Fundamentals of performance shooting
    Setting anod using metrics
    Performance Tracking
    Validating your practice
    Dry fire/live fire integration

Required Equipment
    An open mind with a desire to learn!
    Notebook (You are definitely going to want this!)
    Reliable handgun suitable for practical use. (If you have questions about whether your gun is suitable or not, please do not hesitate to contact us!)
    At least 3 magazines/speed loaders, more for single stack or revolver running less than 8 rounds
    Holster suitable for competition, carry/duty use
    Way to carry at least 2 magazines/speed loaders on your person. (A belt mounted magazine pouch/speed loaders carrier is HIGHLY suggested)
    Reliable ammunition for your handgun (1 day: 300rds. This is a minimum requirement. The more ammo the better!)
    A belt suitable to carry your handgun and ammunition
    Eye protection (ANSI rated)
    Hearing Protection
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
    Name:  686F8454-23DE-47F7-A256-08F8832EEAFC.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  19.1 KB

Tim and A.J. take you through the process of making the most out of your practice sessions and how to practice with a purpose.

The Purposeful Practice Workshop is a comprehensive program based on the art of developing skill with the handgun. Lots of students come to a course, see and shoot several drills and exercises, leave the class and have no idea how to incorporate what they've seen into a structured practice routine. This workshop bridges that gap. We start by discussing metrics and how to use them and push forward to creating and validating your own practice.

Topics Covered:

Safety
    Fundamentals of performance shooting
    Setting anod using metrics
    Performance Tracking
    Validating your practice
    Dry fire/live fire integration

Required Equipment
    An open mind with a desire to learn!
    Notebook (You are definitely going to want this!)
    Reliable handgun suitable for practical use. (If you have questions about whether your gun is suitable or not, please do not hesitate to contact us!)
    At least 3 magazines/speed loaders, more for single stack or revolver running less than 8 rounds
    Holster suitable for competition, carry/duty use
    Way to carry at least 2 magazines/speed loaders on your person. (A belt mounted magazine pouch/speed loaders carrier is HIGHLY suggested)
    Reliable ammunition for your handgun (1 day: 300rds. This is a minimum requirement. The more ammo the better!)
    A belt suitable to carry your handgun and ammunition
    Eye protection (ANSI rated)
    Hearing Protection
    There is also a two day version of this class too correct?
    I’m trying to see if I can swing this or the two day version.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    There is also a two day version of this class too correct?
    I’m trying to see if I can swing this or the two day version.
    There is! You can find it here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/train-f...s-167080627655
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

Sweet, thanks for the link!

Student
    I would be reattending Training with Purpose, and attending Train for Mastery were it not for falling on the same weekend as the Revolver Roundup, which will be at Gunsite this year. I bring that up becase the first class alone was excellent and Cecil Burch can attest too.

I very much look forward to hearing and reading remarks from those who will be with Tim and AJ next month! Given how much thought and cutting the fat went into putting the one-day together while also listening to what the students might have wanted if there was only more time, I'd love to see what they will be able to do.

I signed up for the two day class. After listening to your IG livecast with Tim about the curriculum I’m very excited. See you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I would be reattending Training with Purpose, and attending Train for Mastery were it not for falling on the same weekend as the Revolver Roundup, which will be at Gunsite this year. I bring that up becase the first class alone was excellent and Cecil Burch can attest too.

I very much look forward to hearing and reading remarks from those who will be with Tim and AJ next month! Given how much thought and cutting the fat went into putting the one-day together while also listening to what the students might have wanted if there was only more time, I'd love to see what they will be able to do.
    I’m even more stoked after reading your comments.

I’m in the same place as Yung. If it were not for the Round Up, I’d do this again.

It was a very good class. Tim has a deserved rep as an excellent instructor, but I think AJ adds just as much to the class. Jedlinski and I were just talking yesterday about what a good instructor and dude he is.

My only advice to anyone taking that class is DON’T take the southern approach from Phoenix if you are coming from that side. The route to the range looks shorter but that mountain road going up is awful. Super narrow and winding and you get the sun in your face in the morning going, and in your face afterwards as it goes down. Makes for a really slow drive. Next time I’m going up through Prescott and then south.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List