Thread: New sights on HK45 Tactical

New sights on HK45 Tactical

For a few years now it seems the HK45 tactical model (with a suppressor-ready barrel) has only been offered with a low-profile 3-dot Meprolight sight set, unsuitable for use with a can.

This new CB date code example I just acquired came from the factory with an apparently new model XS suppressor-height tritium sight set, which didnít appear on the product image associated with my order, but was a very pleasant surprise.

The sight is fully serrated in the rear with two discreet tritium tubes, and a fast-to-pick-up luminescent front ring around a larger front tritium tube on the serrated front sight. I think it makes for a very good sight picture in low light, and the rear tubes are not noticeable in daylight.

This sight is much like a Trijicon HD-XR set, only much taller, and using a fairly wide square rather than U-shaped rear notch. It even has a very HD-like recurved racking hook on the rear sight. No sharp edges at all. Works fine with my P30 AIWB holsters and PHLster AIWB and OWB Floodlights.

Sights seem regulated for a combat hold at 10 yards and a split-the-middle hold at 25 shooting full-power 230 grain ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    My VP9T came with the Meprolights. Those sights sound better. What is the finish? Melonite or some blued or black oxide type finish?

The finish seems to match the slide. Seems well executed.

Cool 'upgrade', can you post a pic with the rear sight shown in focus? Seems a mile high but I guess that's necessary running a can, wonder if it would cowitness a dot if you had it milled.

Interesting. That's the first I've seen of them.

I'm sure virtually everyone on PF knows this, but for someone who might not, in HK-world a date code of CB denotes 2021 manufacture. C = 2 and B = 1. 2020 was CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Cool 'upgrade', can you post a pic with the rear sight shown in focus? Seems a mile high but I guess that's necessary running a can, wonder if it would cowitness a dot if you had it milled.
    Sure. Youíre right, theyíre pretty high, but not much more than the suppressor-height sights on the VP9. I think they would provide a usable lower 1/3rd co-witness with an RMR, and Iím looking into getting it milled for just that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List