Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madd Macs Ruger RMR mount for Ruger MKIII

Madd Macs Ruger RMR mount for Ruger MKIII

Hey guys, looking to sort of pimp this pistol a little bit more. I've found a suppressed .22 to be a most effective tool. Recently I acquired a MKIII with lightweight polymer frame and a TacSol lightweight upper. Below is a pic. It came to me with a Burris Fastfire mounted via Picatinny. I'm considering changing to an RMR or RMRCC I suppose from a perceived perception of fragility of the Burris.

Question 1: How do you feel about the Burris on a utility pistol that would likely be carried hunting, camping, etc in something like a Hill People Gear chest bag?

Question 2: From a mounting perspective, I like the more seamless, smaller footprint, and lighter weight mount option of something like the MaddMacs mount: https://maddmacsprecisiontactical.co...on-rmrreg.html
    Question: Would you mount rearward of or directly above the ejection port? Madd Macs offers both options. As the pistol will primarily be fired suppressed and .22 is dirty in general, I lean more towards the over-ejection port mount. However, aesthetically and from a user interface I prefer the more rear-mounted option. Thoughts?

Today I'm sending the pistol off to have a rail attached under the barrel for mounting a Surefire X-series light so I've got a little time to decide. Once complete I'm very excited about the form factor and capabilities of the package. (the light in the pic below is just mocked up)

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Name:  B0BEABA1-A9A9-49B6-9213-229A0CAC4286.jpeg
Views: 587
Size:  12.9 KBName:  3DAE4A5A-D6E3-4B6E-B198-99642883F52A.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  32.2 KB

I put one of their jpoint mounts over the ejection port on a MKIII. Stock adjustable sights even provide a tiny bit of co-witness through the mini optic on mine. A definite improvement over the Burris rear sight mount on another upper.

I intentionally used the crimson trace optic which uses the jpoint footprint as having the lowest possible mount to get that tiny bit of co-witness. Don’t know what other MRDS will do that.
    Last edited by jandbj; 10-14-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Madmaccs mount over the ejection port is the answer IME

Site Supporter
    I need a new upper for my Ruger when the can finally shows up - anyone try one of the MaddMacs uppers cut for the dot?

Not to detract from the Madd Macs but I had one and for the RMR but when I switched to a Holosun 407k (I wanted a slimmer profile dot and mount on the gun) I went with a Lobos Industires plate on my Mk4 because it was cheaper and looked better.

https://lobos-industries.com/

It also sits above the ejection port and is very mount.

Name:  PXL_20210805_013622511.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  PXL_20210805_014346767.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  PXL_20210807_230916552.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  101.8 KB

I appreciate the feedback on the mount. How about some more feedback on Burris vs RMR? Burris total trash or suitable as a rugged sport utility optic?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I’d say it depends on which Burris and TBH, I’d split the difference and go Holosun.

I’ve got a FastFire II or III (I can’t remember which offhand) that’s an auto-adjust model. My biggest issue with it is shooting from a covered line (shade) at target stands in daylight. The dot cranks up to full brightness and after a little bit it’s like staring at a laser pointer which starts to bother my eyes.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’d say it depends on which Burris and TBH, I’d split the difference and go Holosun.

I’ve got a FastFire II or III (I can’t remember which offhand) that’s an auto-adjust model. My biggest issue with it is shooting from a covered line (shade) at target stands in daylight. The dot cranks up to full brightness and after a little bit it’s like staring at a laser pointer which starts to bother my eyes.
    This is the right answer. If you want to go budget go Holosun.

I will also add that the Fast Fire 3 controls kind of suck. There's 1 button you press it to cycle between off - auto - low - mid - high and that's all the modes you get. It's super annoying. Accidentaly bump the button while you're walking around and good luck. So if you're getting a Burris red dot I wouldn't get the FF3.

I like the machining style on that Lobos, may try them out if I get a 2nd 22/45

OP, since you already have the Burris, you may as well stick it on and run it until it dies (or doesn't). I dont imagine you would be able to sell it for much.

I dont think it will be as durable as a holosun (or RMR of course) if dropped, but as long as you dont drop it directly on the optic it will probably be fine.

If durability in hard field use is a major concern, you would be better off with a 509T or ACRO.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    I like the machining style on that Lobos, may try them out if I get a 2nd 22/45
    It's very impressive in person. Zero complaints, if I ever need or want a second Ruger I'm going right to Lobos.

User Tag List