Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Havana Syndrome” anyone know more?

Hammertime

“Havana Syndrome” anyone know more?

It seems like there is some theory that American diplomats are possible being exposed intentionally or otherwise to a directed energy source that can cause documentable brain injury. Seems crazy on first blush. Anyone know anything about this?

https://apple.news/AycXrG603RDSjEC0QDqF4kA

I would imagine @TGS would probably have info on this topic...but I imagine he might be constrained regarding any information that can be shared publicly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"Directed Energy" can be a pretty broad term. In terms of microwave radiation, or more specifically, High Power Microwave radiation, there are certain standards and limits of exposure/dosage.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

American diplomats with brain injury.

Isn't that a job qualification/prerequisite with the current administration (and many prior ones)?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    But it's affected Canadian diplomats too, so...oh, wait. Yeah, claim denied. Pre-existing condition.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ealth-attacks/

Using directed energy weapons for less-lethal use has been something under development for years, particularly in the crowd control realm; for an example that has seen limited fielding, check out the Active Denial System: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

These suspected attacks have been ongoing for years now, and have been in the news here and there. The most recent incidents were over CIA personnel, and cost the Vienna station chief his job.

Related article summary here:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30183509/

I worked briefly as a summer intern at the Naval Research Laboratory in DC. One time, we were headed out to a jack-up barge in the Chesapeake Bay to setup some data collection equipment, and my supe advised me NOT to walk in front of the large shore-based antenna transmitter array if I wanted to have kids.

An old acquaintance used to work for State and said some postings in Eastern Europe had so much RF energy being beamed at the embassy by the Sovs that you hardly ever had to power up the fluorescent lights, they glowed on their own.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    There was a section on "Talking Points" (YouTube/Podcast) where the host heavily derided the media and the State Department for pushing the Havana Syndrome story with no hard evidence or scientific explanation to back up the claims. I don't often agree with Krystal Ball - one of the hosts- but she makes a good point and she is easy on the eyes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    There was a section on "Talking Points" (YouTube/Podcast) where the host heavily derided the media and the State Department for pushing the Havana Syndrome story with no hard evidence or scientific explanation to back up the claims. I don't often agree with Krystal Ball - one of the hosts- but she makes a good point and she is easy on the eyes as well.
    I need to stop clicking through on these videos.

They hold up a single JASON report as being definitive evidence that the government has known all along the true underlying cause of Havana syndrome. That alone is ridiculous, because there is so much dissenting reports out there; this is literally nothing more than cherry picking. Note that the JASON report was from 2019, and multiple other reports have come out since then that have considered other options and have generally weighed in favor of the microwave hypothesis.

Could Havana syndrome simply be a combination of crickets and stress, which then de-evolved into a mass psychogenic illness? Sure, that's totally possible, and not too wild a theory. But it's hardly the only reasonable theory at play. There is no definitive conclusion on the cause of the issue, and to seize upon the few reports that make the other side look bad, flatly ignoring the lack of definitive consensus overall, is straight stupidity and/or partisanship.

User Tag List