Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway

Kind of wandered off topic-and I don’t think there are any French knights anymore…
    So, here’s what I gather:
    1) Several people were killed in Norway by piercing and/or cutting.
    2) First responders were relatively ineffective due to lack of personal weapons.
    3) There seems to be a “religious” connection, and some indication of a potential problem.
    4) We probably will not know all the details, but at the moment it seems no one fought back. I’m reminded of occasions in England where folks did fight back-with chairs, bottles and a Narwhal tusk.
    In no way do I wish to speak disparagingly of the dead and wounded, but as a martial arts master said the other day:
    “Do nothing, and you will probably be hurt or killed. Do something-go for it-what is there to lose? And, you may be successful in stopping the attack.”
    I am sorry for Europe. I do hope they can change their approach and circumstances.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Many times, it seems like the vast majority of Norse vikings came to America.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Kind of wandered off topic-and I don’t think there are any French knights anymore…
    So, here’s what I gather:
    1) Several people were killed in Norway by piercing and/or cutting.
    2) First responders were relatively ineffective due to lack of personal weapons.
    3) There seems to be a “religious” connection, and some indication of a potential problem.
    4) We probably will not know all the details, but at the moment it seems no one fought back. I’m reminded of occasions in England where folks did fight back-with chairs, bottles and a Narwhal tusk.
    In no way do I wish to speak disparagingly of the dead and wounded, but as a martial arts master said the other day:
    “Do nothing, and you will probably be hurt or killed. Do something-go for it-what is there to lose? And, you may be successful in stopping the attack.”
    I am sorry for Europe. I do hope they can change their approach and circumstances.
    Language is not the only way the UK is more like us than the other Europeans...

Name:  UK.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  UK 2.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  34.0 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Language is not the only way the UK is more like us than the other Europeans...

Name:  UK.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  UK 2.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  34.0 KB
    It was many years ago that I was looking at some UK car magazines (remember magazines?) with some buddies and we all agreed that the Midlands is where rednecks come from.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List