Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And Then There Were Three

Site Supporter

And Then There Were Three

As I've eluded here before, I'm getting old and I'm also seriously disabled. My glory days of shooting are long over. As a result I have slowed down my acquisition of firearms, mostly handguns, for a couple years now. Sometime this year, after buying a completely restored Remington No 1 Sporting Rifle (my current passion is black powder cartridge) I decided I have enough guns, more than I can reasonably shoot on a regular basis, given my physical condition. I was pretty serious about this decision. Then...

A friend who thinks I'm a finer fellow that I actually am gifted me this:

Name:  DSC00251.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  100.9 KB

You can barely see it in that lighting but it is indeed a 1937 Brazilian DA 45. It was 'customized' for the previous owner, who then gave it to my friend and he in turn gave it to me. This would not be my choice of modifications (the front sight is too much) but it is the proverbial 'gift horse' and I haven't looked in its mouth.

The same older (older than me which qualifies as pretty old - lol) gentleman involved with the above Brazilian was liquidating his gun collection. The friend who gave me the Brazilian is helping the other man in disposing of his guns and told me this was available for $500:

Name:  DSC00246.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  99.1 KB

Other than a little holster wear and this blemish on the barrel:

Name:  DSC00247.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  82.8 KB

The Model 13 is like new inside. I bought it because I don't have a 3" RB K-frame. And yes, I was taken with the old Rogers/Safariland stocks. I hang my head in shame!

In keeping with the title of this offering there is a third entry. It is sufficiently special, with a number of photos to illustrate that, that I'm going to describe that in another comment so I don't overload this one.

More to come,
    Dave

Site Supporter
    And now we have the piece of resistance!

Name:  DSC00253.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  DSC00254.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  99.3 KB

Now take a look at the custom sight modifications:

Name:  DSC00255.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  DSC00256.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  102.9 KB

In case you didn't recognize it this is a Second Model Hand Ejector with a 4-1/2" barrel and custom sights. But the best part of all is this:

Name:  DSC00258.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  97.5 KB

For my last comment please be sure to set down. The same fine gentleman offered me this elegant, early 20th Century, custom 44 Special for the same price as the M-13, $500.

Dave

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    As I've eluded here before, I'm getting old and I'm also seriously disabled. My glory days of shooting are long over. As a result I have slowed down my acquisition of firearms, mostly handguns, for a couple years now. Sometime this year, after buying a completely restored Remington No 1 Sporting Rifle (my current passion is black powder cartridge) I decided I have enough guns, more than I can reasonably shoot on a regular basis, given my physical condition. I was pretty serious about this decision. Then...
    ... I got sucked right back in."

Oh, I've been there-- and not just with guns. I am still looking for some particular pieces of railroadiana I'd like to have before I die, "just because."

Those are all neat revolvers, and I can understand the attraction. PBCRs, on the other hand... well, I went through that phase myself, and when it came to an end there was a period on the end of the sentence. Not sure why, but I have not gotten that particular urge back.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I am green with envy! Those are sweet looking revolvers. I especially like the .44 Special.

I can’t believe they didn’t put a rib on that 1917.

Old and busted, yet still somehow favored of the gods.

Congrats!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

@Dave T

I would like to call "dibs" on the Hand Ejector with the King's sights, whenever you're ready to part with it. The '37 Brazilian would also be good.

I've got a look for the Hand Ejector though - floral carved Myres' style holster with matching belt...

Site Supporter
    Incredible Revolvers and they have a good home. Congrats.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

All incredible finds but that 3-inch K-frame makes me truly envious. :-)

Congrats!

Holy Moses all spectacular!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List