Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 610 Is Back

S&W 610 Is Back

Smith and Wesson just announced a new 610,4" and 6 1/2",12463 and 12462.

Quote Originally Posted by RONK View Post
    Smith and Wesson just announced a new 610,4" and 6 1/2",12463 and 12462.
    Mmmm...

Name:  d30.png
Views: 1013
Size:  47.5 KB

Just when I was considering a GP100 10mm...

I need it! I need to shoot up some .40, and this would be a lot more fun than my autos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Moon clips are such a pain. That fact and hard to find, expensive ammo will soon end its production again. These comments do not negate its usefulness to the person wanting one, but I think a .41 Mag would be a better choice for a bear protection revolver if that is a reason for purchase.

A 7 round 686 has an extra round and more power.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Whatever floats yer boar, I guess.

I think one of the strong points of a revolver is that you don't need anything more than the gun and cartridges to use one. You don't need anything to hold or feed cartridges. If you're going to have a gun where you need something to hold or feed cartridges, you might as well get one of those self-littering bottom-feeding things.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I think I'll buy my friend Stephanie one for 30th birthday. She deserves a treat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I think one of the strong points of a revolver is that you don't need anything more than the gun and cartridges to use one. You don't need anything to hold or feed cartridges. If you're going to have a gun where you need something to hold or feed cartridges, you might as well get one of those self-littering bottom-feeding things.
    I keep waiting for some company to revive the 9mm Federal. At least I think that cartridge would fire in the 9mm LCR and SP101s. I'm not sure why'd I'd choose a 10mm revolver over a .357 or .41 though.

My former S&W 1917 would chamber and shoot .45acp without clips- I just needed to poke them out with a stick.
    A more convenient process than dealing with the stupid moon clips.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List