Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rental Range Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    However, Legions (not the earlier X5s) are notorious for opening up and their accuracy going to poop. The slide tolerances are much wider and once the gun is broken in , tends to open up badly.
    This is easily rectified by getting a non-legion X5 slide, which are available stripped from Osage County Guns (probably other places too, but I got mine from Osage). Legion X5 with a non-legion slide is a fantastic package for not a ton of money.

At this point though, I'd probably just buy a custom shop FCU and source the various parts I want individually, but that's me (and I like tinkering)

However, Legions (not the earlier X5s) are notorious for opening up and their accuracy going to poop. The slide tolerances are much wider and once the gun is broken in , tends to open up badly.
    From what I have read I think this is only likely to occur at very high round counts. If I were a competitor I’d be concerned.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Tell me more, please. I haven't heard this. I know Sig used to pretension the barrels on X5s and some T&E guns to get better accuracy, and that, when done poorly, this led to accelerated slide wear and resultant accuracy loss/reliability issues. This is going on with the newest Legions?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Tell me more, please. I haven't heard this. I know Sig used to pretension the barrels on X5s and some T&E guns to get better accuracy, and that, when done poorly, this led to accelerated slide wear and resultant accuracy loss/reliability issues. This is going on with the newest Legions?
    https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...omment-3288573

In essence when Sig came out with the Legion they put the slides to looser tolerances than the X5. Evidently its the same issue with the new CO version (name I forget). As was noted above, one way around it is to find an actual X5 (not X5 Legion) slide.

From what I have read I think this is only likely to occur at very high round counts. If I were a competitor I’d be concerned.
    Agreed, but remember its geared towards competitors who want to shoot Production/poor man's Open (CO) without major mods, so a round count is expected.

Personally I have an X5 with the Legion grip. Its worked well except the dissassembly lever sheared off and is being replaced. Er...what...?

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    This is the way. Everything I'm hearing from guys that would know and I trust is that currently ammo is the cheapest we are going to see for the foreseeable future right now. Current wholesale cost on a box of Federal (AE9AP) 124 gr 9mm from RSR to a dealer is a little under 17.00 a box currently and is expected to rise by 25 to 30 percent in the next six months, just as an example. If you have been holding out for a price drop, I wouldn't wait for much longer...
    Name:  BA435B45-8A88-4D1C-8DD5-7F1E5E8DBB40.jpeg
Views: 378
Size:  27.1 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...omment-3288573

In essence when Sig came out with the Legion they put the slides to looser tolerances than the X5. Evidently its the same issue with the new CO version (name I forget). As was noted above, one way around it is to find an actual X5 (not X5 Legion) slide.

Agreed, but remember its geared towards competitors who want to shoot Production/poor man's Open (CO) without major mods, so a round count is expected.

Personally I have an X5 with the Legion grip. Its worked well except the dissassembly lever sheared off and is being replaced. Er...what...?
    Well, poop. Another idea down the drain... Usually, PF COSTS me money. Now it's SAVING me money? WTaF? We really are in the End Times.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Well, poop. Another idea down the drain... Usually, PF COSTS me money. Now it's SAVING me money? WTaF? We really are in the End Times.

You ought to try out the 5" full size PDP if you enjoyed the 4" compact....the big boy gives the legion a run for its money.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Based on input from this forum and some other off-line comments, I just purchased two new P320's. I've carried an early X-Five as a duty gun and a butchered P320 full-size (cut to take compact mags) for off-duty carry. The X-Five was never sent in for the recall, the other gun was. With the release of LE friendly packages, I bought new guns that came with the tungsten module. I figure that a 2021 manufacture gun will address all of the possible concerns with the earlier, problematic designs.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-ca...ium-color.html

You know you want to.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    You ought to try out the 5" full size PDP if you enjoyed the 4" compact....the big boy gives the legion a run for its money.
    The potential is there but mag supply for the full-size is not quite where it needs to be. There are also some concerns about trigger quality over time and inadvertent activation of the slide stop causing premature slide lock.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Why isn’t SIG making these P320 frames in the rainbow hues? Are they TERFS? 🌈

User Tag List