Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F*** Covid

F*** Covid

Got word today that my shooting buddy, and one of the best friends I’d had in the last 20 years was found at home yesterday. He had passed away. I’d texted him Saturday evening and he’d said he had pneumonia. He was waiting on the results of his Covid test. I’m about 90% sure he had it and passed away within 12 hours of me texting him. I’m sad he’s gone. At the same time, I’m pissed at myself for not going shooting with him this summer. We always went about 6-7 times a year together in addition to the times we went on our own.

I hadn’t said anything to him about going because the last time we went he was pretty low on ammo and lord knows we always burned a bunch of it. I was hoping to take a week off in the near future and hoping we could go hit the range. Now I ain’t gonna get the chance.

Most of all, I feel awful for his two young grandkids, who loved their pawpaw. The oldest one went with us one day and he was an impressive young man.

Mr T, as I always liked to call him, was the only person I knew around here that liked to shoot drills and run a timer and stuff like that. Every time we went we had a good time, whether we shot well or like total dog shit. But more than the shooting I’m gonna miss hearing about them two grandsons and telling him about my own family. He always told me not to blink, they grow up that fast.

Arrgh. My condolences.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Sorry man. I lost a childhood friend in the opening wave of COVID and know many more who have fallen. The seeming randomness of who it takes is what is the most scary/frustrating. Add to that the political crap that goes with it and it’s just too frustrating at times.

Again, sorry and unlike Clinton (who didn’t mean it) - I feel your pain.

That is terrible. My condolences.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

That sucks. I'm sorry.

Perhaps someone from PF can meet up with you, and run a bill drill with you for Mr. T.

Sorry for your loss.

For some time, I have thought historians will come to call Covid the most significant crisis in the world since WWII. It is possible that it may even surpass WWII in its impact.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sorry to hear about your friend, @Jered. That's awful.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I am sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and his family. I see everyday how indiscriminate and soul crushing this disease can be.

Very sorry for the loss of your friend. Condolences.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    My condolences to all, also.

User Tag List