Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me set up a G26 with an optic for carry.

Duplicate. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    You'll have a large gap around the recoil spring nose ring. The gen5 trigger bar is cut for the ambi safety so you may have function issues with the standard slide stop lever.
    Sounds like taking a Dremel tool to the right side slide stop on the G5 stop would resolve that. And aren’t the G3 and G5 recoil assemblies on a 26 the same size? Unlike the G3 and G5 for the 17/19/34.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Sounds like taking a Dremel tool to the right side slide stop on the G5 stop would resolve that. And aren’t the G3 and G5 recoil assemblies on a 26 the same size? Unlike the G3 and G5 for the 17/19/34.
    My bad I thought he mentioned a G19 swap. Not enough coffee. Yeah, that's it.

Fwiw

For conversion people, I have Dremel notched the right side of a Gen 3 slide so it clears the ambi slide lever on a Gen 5 frame.

I have also tried cutting the ambi lever but it wound up feeling floppy.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been noticing a real upswing of interest in compact pistols with RDS. I blame @Nephrology, he was my main bad influence.
    I hear that I am a bad influence pretty often

User Tag List