Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger Recommendations for Rem 700

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Is there something wrong with the factory trigger?
    Hell yes. I had one that could have been part of the lawsuit. I replaced that with a Rifle Basix, but I have not been happy with the replacement. Too light on pull weight.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Triggertech diamond
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rigger-2-stage

There’s one for sale, oddly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rigger-2-stage

There’s one for sale, oddly enough.
    It is. That guy bought both the straight and curved trigger versions

Just happened to have tried the flat one first and printed a tiny group with it - decided to not even try the curved.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    There was that big class action lawsuit that allege that the 700 trigger design was known to be faulty and allowed for firing even while on safe. They came out with that new sucky factory trigger after that.
    I’ve been aware of the claims against Remington triggers since the seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Hell yes. I had one that could have been part of the lawsuit. I replaced that with a Rifle Basix, but I have not been happy with the replacement. Too light on pull weight.
    Did you ever clean it real good then lube and adjust it? We had the same trigger in several Remington 700s, 600s, 660s and Mohawks. I don’t recall if the 788s had the same trigger or not. I learned in my teens how to clean and adjust the triggers and no one in the family ever had trouble with one afterward. I did replace one Remington trigger with a Timney. It’s a good trigger, but didn’t get me anything the Remington trigger didn’t already have. When all is said and done, I’m convinced the suit against Remington was a hatchet job.

If I were to replace a Remington trigger, I’d look at the Geissele two stage for the 700. I haven’t shot it, but did get a chance to dry fire it at their booth and liked how it felt. Crisp break with almost zero creep and overtravel. I don’t remember if it’s adjustable.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-12-2021 at 12:37 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Did you ever clean it real good then lube and adjust it?
    Not me, but gunsmiths on two separate occasions worked on that trigger. The end result was replacement. Thank you for the recommendation on a new trigger.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List