Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Recommendations for Rem 700

Trigger Recommendations for Rem 700

30plus year old Rem Mountain Rifle and need to replace trigger. On hunting rifle I like a 3.5 to 4 lb pull. Any recommendations for after market triggers? I have had Rifle Basix but am not overly fond of those.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    30plus year old Rem Mountain Rifle and need to replace trigger. On hunting rifle I like a 3.5 to 4 lb pull. Any recommendations for after market triggers? I have had Rifle Basix but am not overly fond of those.
    The Timney Elite Hunter Remington 700 is very nice.

I have had good luck with Trigger Tech triggers.

Is there something wrong with the factory trigger?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Is there something wrong with the factory trigger?
    Besides that it’s a Remington 700 trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Besides that it’s a Remington 700 trigger?
    Yes, besides that. We've had a lot of factory Remington triggers in our family since the sixties and as long as they were adjusted correctly and kept clean & lubed, never had a problem with any of them.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

...and the Remington triggers when adjusted correctly, give a real clean break.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes, besides that. We've had a lot of factory Remington triggers in our family since the sixties and as long as they were adjusted correctly and kept clean & lubed, never had a problem with any of them.
    There was that big class action lawsuit that allege that the 700 trigger design was known to be faulty and allowed for firing even while on safe. They came out with that new sucky factory trigger after that.

Triggertech diamond

My dad shot his truck with one of those old triggers. It wasn’t the designs fault, rather 30 years of gunk built up in it.

The problem was you had to take the safety off to open the bolt. I cleaned the gunk out of his, cut the part of the safety that blocked the bolt and it’ll rival any aftermarket trigger I ever tried. Though I haven’t even looked at a 700 replacement trigger in several years.

User Tag List