Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What guns have you sold and really shouldn't have.

No Regrets

Sold 5 firearms over last two years (S&W 686, Mark 1* BHP, Sig 229R, Colt Match Target, and Rainer Arms custom build) and no regrets at all. I plan to probably sell more. I have to many F'in guns and only really shoot 1 of each type pistol/rifle/shotgun. I've used the money to reinvest in getting better at shooting the guns I actually use so that probably helps keep the sting away.

I let a colt 1991a1 go for a song to a guy at a gun show. It was part of my conversion to Glock, and it's probably a god thing I'm not still trying to tinker with the 1911, but it would be a nice thing to have in the safe, or to give to my dad or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I sold a S&W 629 Classic Hunter in the mid '90's for some reason. I don't remember why now.

Wish I still had it.
    Help Protect Our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join The NRA

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less". General Robert E. Lee

Sig 226 Navys (2)
    Novak Spec Ops Browning Hi Power
    Kimber Pro Carry (1st Gen)

My first pistol, a HK USP 9. Nothing special, but I kind of regret getting rid of it being it was my first.

I traded a older Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911 because I finally let the internet convince me it was "too tight." Mind you it had been through multiple classes and over 13k rds without a single malfunction. Not exaggerating. Damn thing ran like a champ, must have had the new guy at Baer build it who wanted to impress the boss. It was the first 1911 I ever owned and I bought it because of the whole Thunder Ranch thing. Either way, after close to five years of faithful service, I finally fell victim to bad internet advise and traded it off several years ago. I have missed that gun a lot since then. It just felt "right."

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Sold 5 firearms over last two years (S&W 686, Mark 1* BHP, Sig 229R, Colt Match Target, and Rainer Arms custom build) and no regrets at all. I plan to probably sell more. I have to many F'in guns and only really shoot 1 of each type pistol/rifle/shotgun. I've used the money to reinvest in getting better at shooting the guns I actually use so that probably helps keep the sting away.
    I've been down that road. Over the past couple years I've downsized from 8 separate guns of 6 different calibers to 2 of the exact same pistol (one primary, one backup). Believe it or not, I'm much happier, and have a lot more money for ammo and training. It's like the Zen of Gun path or something.

I've sold and traded a few over the years but the one that sticks out in my mind is a S/A MC Operator 1911. That pistol was smooth, shot great, no issues, and I got it cheap. I'm not really a 1911 guy but it was a solid pistol and I regret letting it go.

HK45--it whapped my trigger finger during recoil in spite of having the trouth in the bottom of the trigger guard smoothed down, but the gun was solid and beyond durable.

A preban Galil AR in .308--couldn't find spare parts in the early 1990s and I thought the shot groups were stretching from what they were severalfold and thought the gun was loosing accuracy. It turned out I needed to start shooting with glasses and the gun was fine.

Going to add another to my list ... another SIG nonetheless.

SIG P239 Two-Tone SA/DA in 9mm, NS (green front, yellow rear) with SIG logo'd Crimson Trace grips.

User Tag List