Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This one hurt a bit…

Site Supporter
    I found a number of years ago that the only way to deal with GB, without driving yourself batty, is to decide what you are willing to pay for a given gun and bid that. If someone out bids you then it wasn't meant to be. There's no way to know that if you had bid another $10 or $20 or what ever, the guy who wanted it more wouldn't have out bid you anyway. It's only stuff so move on.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Yeah, I expect that the other guy would have gone as far as it took. I am NOT looking for another K or J frame. That’s why I went into it with a 750 promise to myself, on impulse.

That said, in 2030, when semi-autos are prohibitive under the progress of the second Harris admin, I have a feeling like even 1K+ for one of the best EDC revolvers ever made will look pretty good in hindsight.

The main takeaway is to not make stupid promises to myself in the interest of “self-control” before bidding. If I’d have been drinking, I’d probably have a damn fine looking 1200 dollar .38 in route.

I'm more worried about 2039 when my son will be 21.

He's at least got a 4" m64, speedloaders, a holster and ammo but what if HE wants a 3" m64, or a m10, a M19, etc I'm buying guns for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I found a number of years ago that the only way to deal with GB, without driving yourself batty, is to decide what you are willing to pay for a given gun and bid that. If someone out bids you then it wasn't meant to be. There's no way to know that if you had bid another $10 or $20 or what ever, the guy who wanted it more wouldn't have out bid you anyway. It's only stuff so move on.

Dave
    I just tried that. I’m not so sure it worked out…

(That said, you are right.)

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@Totem Polar, we have so much in common, but not this. What exactly is so awesome about this gun?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Totem Polar, we have so much in common, but not this. What exactly is so awesome about this gun?
    Not @Totem Polar, (He's much cooler) but as someone who had a 4" 64 converted to a 3", here is my reasoning:
    1. Scarcity.
    2. 3" gives you a full length injector rod, vs a 2" or 2 1/2".
    3. 3" vs 4", that 1" really does make a difference in concealment, balance, and "pointability", it just feels much more lively in hand.
    4. No lock, which really is important to some folks, however, I'm well over it myself.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

You just have to work with a 3” K-frame for a while to get it. If it was a car, it would be an air-cooled 911 like a 78-84SC; totally eclipsed in terms of performance by more modern designs, but nobody who has one cares: timeless, perfectly balanced, and legendary—both the car and the revolver. Again, it’s an experiential thing and you have to try it.

Fortunately, I already have another 3” K, so maybe that will happen.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

He's at least got a 4" m64, speedloaders, a holster and ammo but what if HE wants a 3" m64, or a m10, a M19, etc I'm buying guns for him.
    I never noticed that so many people have an M64, until I bought one last week! My M64-8 has a sleeved barrel, so it’ll probably stay 4”.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I never noticed that so many people have an M64, until I bought one last week! My M64-8 has a sleeved barrel, so it’ll probably stay 4”.
    My 64-8 was sleeved, it's not unpossible. In fact, Bayside Custom Gunworks made it pretty darn easy.

https://baysidecustomgunworks.com/
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I really like my 64-6, and at least at this point, I have no plans to chop the tube.

Site Supporter
    They're the Glock 19 of revolvers. They kind of do everything right.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List