Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This one hurt a bit…

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Totem Polar, we have so much in common, but not this. What exactly is so awesome about this gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    They're the Glock 19 of revolvers. They kind of do everything right.
    Everything you need, nothing you don't.

GT Distributors has a fair number of Model 64 trade-ins on Gunbroker right now. It's possible to snag one to be chopped and still be at or under that $750 mark depending on what you want done.

Below is one of their 64-5s that I got last week. It's going off to Pinnacle High Performance to be converted to a trainer for the Model 13. Finish is about what I expected but timing and bore are excellent. Trigger is surprisingly heavy compared to the Model 13, I'll be adding a trigger job to the list.

Name:  60F19D2F-F6F1-45A1-8365-CE9786D627FB.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  75.2 KB

Man, I'm really tempted to get another 64 as a trainer. At the price difference I might modify some RB ahrends.

I've lost several GB auctions by $5 or $10. But the thing is, you don't know what that other person was willing to pay. They may have been willing to go another $100. Just tell yourself it's probably their dream gun that they've been saving for for months and you did them a solid by not driving the price up.

Decide what you're willing to pay, bid that and ignore the auction until it's over.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I did the Ebay thing for a while. It is an emotional thing when bidding for an item......even more so when one loses by a few bucks. I too set bidding limits and let fate take over from there. But limits only work when one abides by them. I use to say to myself, "It's only a few bucks more" to justify going over my set limit. Like said above, you don't know who you are bidding against, but I went up with some screen names that I recognized from previous bidding wars. It is hard to divorce from an item that you really want, at least that's my experience.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've lost several GB auctions by $5 or $10. But the thing is, you don't know what that other person was willing to pay. They may have been willing to go another $100. Just tell yourself it's probably their dream gun that they've been saving for for months and you did them a solid by not driving the price up.

Decide what you're willing to pay, bid that and ignore the auction until it's over.
    A couple of months ago, there was a gun at $230. It was a kind of a beater N-frame .44. I figured that I could stand $700, so I entered that as a maximum bid.

The bid immediately jumped to over $700.

User Tag List