Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Able-bodied man.

You guys are sorta fucked up.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What's with the recent trend of random boomer threads about some vague, strangely worded topic out of left field lacking any context or purpose?
    It's what Boomers do. Not relevant to the real world? Only associated to their perception of the real world? They have some control of the wealth. Not easily dismissed. Check out the average age of people in the senate which is 64.3 years. Mitch McConnell is 79. He's past Boomer. So is Biden and Pelosi.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's what Boomers do. Not relevant to the real world? Only associated to their perception of the real world? They have some control of the wealth. Not easily dismissed. Check out the average age of people in the senate which is 64.3 years. Mitch McConnell is 79. He's past Boomer. So is Biden and Pelosi.
    We really need some term limits. I'd propose a hard cap of 20 cumulative years in elected Federal office.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    100 lbs for a mile? I work in construction, I’m not a weenie. But anything that has to be a mile away is going in back of my truck.
    Las t deer I killed weight something under 100# after field dressing. Call my pack, rifle, dead deer a load over 100#.

My truck was over a mile away, and required a ton of elevation change, too. This was not the easiest pack-out I’ve ever done, but a friend of mine packed out a bull elk last year, the head probably weighed close to my whole deer.

Stuff can be done. A mile with that much weight isn’t a lot of fun.

Able-bodied man.

I did 12 miles with 50 pounds on Tuesday. Where does that stack up against able bodiedness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I did 12 miles with 50 pounds on Tuesday. Where does that stack up against able bodiedness?

I’d say just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    100 lbs for a mile? I work in construction, I’m not a weenie. But anything that has to be a mile away is going in back of my truck.
    I hear ya. Electrician here. Hurray for trucks/vans.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You guys are sorta fucked up.
    Sorta?

Yea, what he said. Be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Yep, you got it covered for sure.

It's work, for sure. I've worked with guys that could do it a hundred pounds per shoulder. I went hunting with a 65+ iron worker who packed out his dressed deer (~80 lbs) six miles up & down the mountain. I know I couldn't do it now, no way. In my prime, sure. But then I ain't looking for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    We really need some term limits. I'd propose a hard cap of 20 cumulative years in elected Federal office.
    That's a great idea but how many people do you know that terminated themselves from a job that made them millions with tax cut outs, insider stock market info, and great benefits?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

That's a great idea but how many people do you know that terminated themselves from a job that made them millions with tax cut outs, insider stock market info, and great benefits?
    Which is part of the problem- the people who would have to make the rule are the people affected by the rules. So it's wishful thinking at best.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You'll understand if you survive long enough. Or not.
    Is there a pool?
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List