Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: No Time To Die

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ^^^It’s true: tout le monde went out to see “Black Panther” in the theater, because it offered up something new and epic.

I’m pretty sure that re-envisioning, say, “Spider Man” as a differently-abled polysexual woman of color would not be as successful a franchise.

Although, I do like “Spyderxyr” as a moniker. Has a ring to it. And I’d probably see a movie with the above noted hero/heroine/herox/herowhatev, because it would be nice to see a new idea. Just so long as it wasn’t *supposed* to be spiderman.

Zen master: “How do you make another person’s string appear shorter?”

Students: “Cut it! Burn it! Take it! Fold it…”

Zen master, laying out another, longer piece of string: “Now how does the old string look?”

Those old Zen fuckers were no fools.

Give the world a better hero if you want to put the old one into perspective. Anyone can piss, moan, and destroy.
    The brown acid?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The brown acid?
    Is that supposed to be the name of the next new superhero?

Or are you implying that I’m tripping balls…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Is that supposed to be the name of the next new superhero?

Or are you implying that I’m tripping balls…

Yes? Yes?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yes? Yes?
    Fair…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I thought they had already chosen a minority female as the next 007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I was under the impression that Barbara Broccoli was against a female bond.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...s-51133194.amp
    According to the article, there won't be a "female James Bond" nor did it say the new agent would be 007. The article stated "The forthcoming Bond film will see actress Lashana Lynch play a female 00 agent after Craig's Bond has left active service."

That's keeping inline with the James Bond universe. There have been other 00 agents. Bond is the seventh to be issued a "License To Kill".

If I recall, one story said there is only one 00 at a time, that Bond is the seventh after the previous six were killed. Another that there are more than one active 00 agent at a time, but most were dead.

In any case, I would love to see another 00 Agent added to the franchise!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Where's the story with an evil mastermind that's a gay black guy?
    James Bond is sent to Baltimore to stop Omar and his plans to use a corrupted American Justice System to further his scheme to Take Over The World!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-17-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    According to the article, there won't be a "female James Bond" nor did it say the new agent would be 007. The article stated "The forthcoming Bond film will see actress Lashana Lynch play a female 00 agent after Craig's Bond has left active service."

That's keeping inline with the James Bond universe. There have been other 00 agents. Bond is the seventh to be issued a "License To Kill".

If I recall, one story said there is only one 00 at a time, that Bond is the seventh after the previous six were killed. Another that there are more than one active 00 agent at a time, but most were dead.

In any case, I would love to see another 00 Agent added to the franchise!

James Bond is sent to Baltimore to stop Omar and his plans to use a corrupted American Justice System to further his scheme to Take Over The World!
    006 and 007 were both in Goldeneye (Sean Bean playing Trevelyan / 006). I have no idea where or how 'canon' is defined in the Bond movie-world, but that's the precedent I remember for having multiple double-o's at once. So they could do it again. The big first would be having someone other than Bond be the star of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    006 and 007 were both in Goldeneye (Sean Bean playing Trevelyan / 006). I have no idea where or how 'canon' is defined in the Bond movie-world, but that's the precedent I remember for having multiple double-o's at once. So they could do it again. The big first would be having someone other than Bond be the star of the movie.
    009 was in Octopussy, but only long enough to die.

If memory serves, "00X just got himself kilt" was a pretty common plot device.

Even the famous "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" scene had 007 noting that if he was killed, 008 would replace him.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    009 was in Octopussy, but only long enough to die.
    In one of the older Bond movies there were about nine 00's that at the beginning of the movie jumped out of an airplane during what was supposed to be a training mission (and then one of them got killed, of course). Unfortunately I can't recall which movie that was.

I guess most movies only show 007 because Her Majesty's Secret Service simply uses a "one riot, one 00" policy?

User Tag List