Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: No Time To Die

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    He was in a Bond movie.

As for No Time To Die, I thought it was the best of the Craig films.

Moore was my favorite growing up, but his movies are cringeworthy to me today. The exception for me is For Your Eyes Only, which is still my favorite to this day.

Site Supporter
    In Thunderball, don’t a bunch of 00s assemble in a semi circle of small chairs with no tables in front of them to get their briefing post missile heist? 🤷 All I really remember is the picture of Domino!!

Eta: picture of Domino
    Name:  C14512AF-89BA-4DF5-AECD-F976C6B9DB9A.jpeg
Views: 267
Size:  28.7 KB
    Last edited by TOTS; 10-18-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Just saw it.

The Cuba section with Ana De Armas was the strongest portion of the film for me. Not just because she is gorgeous, but their banter really went well.

I liked seeing Bond mature and age. Post service Bond was cool.

Some of the issues I didn't like will spoil the movie.
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    Bond is in love with Madeline... and we're suppose to believe this is a deep connection on par with Vesper. Yet the chemistry just wasn't there. Seeing Bond interact with the idea of a family was cool. Genuinely. But it was so different that it was almost un-Bond. He had more connection with the kid, or with the sexy Cuban agent De Armas then his love interest.

The flirty-suave-action of the Cuba scenes really shows the old Bond. That whole persona is gone. Outside that small portion of the film you could nearly plug in another character.

I'm not sure I liked his death. It left the film on a huge bummer, could have easily been written differently, and could have had a more upbeat ending. Maybe upbeat is the wrong word... but it could have left a more satisfying ending.

I didn't have the chance ti watch all the credits to see if it said "James Bond will return"

Overall, a bit torn on the film. I've now seen every one of Craig's in theater. He remains my favorite Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Just saw it.

The Cuba section with Ana De Armas was the strongest portion of the film for me. Not just because she is gorgeous, but their banter really went well.

I liked seeing Bond mature and age. Post service Bond was cool.

Overall, a bit torn on the film. I've now seen every one of Craig's in theater. He remains my favorite Bond.
    Agree about the best scene in the movie. Also thought she kicked better ass, was more convincing than double faux seven.

Also, that dress she had on was magical. No way there wouldn’t have been a “wardrobe malfunction” or three. Must be crazy CIA technology.

User Tag List