Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Colt King Cobra 3”

Site Supporter
    Simple is good. My opinion is that Colt figured out how to make an easy to assemble revolver action. Nothing wrong with properly manufactured Mim. Please don't tell anybody I said that because I fear that I might lose my Fudd status.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I only asked because the Taurus 856 is almost the same size as the cobra, and I'm looking as well.
    Two weeks ago I recommended a Taurus Model 856 to my nephew. There. I said it. I did give him my Cobra holster. Sorry about the thread drift, but confession is good for the soul.

Range Report!

Well… It’s not my S&W 686+ when shooting .357’s. 😳 No malfunctions, and my wife absolutely loves this revolver! Underwood .357 rounds were crazy! A larger/thicker grip would help immensely. The stock skinny grip was like shooting a .357 magnum coffee cup.

EDIT:
    I thought the trigger was too thin, but forgot about before we even left the house. The sights are very easy to see, although the brass bead isn’t visible to me. My wife didn’t understand the gutter sight on the M64 last weekend, but did fine with the King Cobra.
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-10-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The devil still resides under the sideplate of a Colt revolver.
    He certainly helped with that trigger guard shape.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    What holster will you be using,if it is to be a carry gun?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  42.9 KB

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0823L43BD...roduct_details
    It’s a pretty nice holster. It blends with my usual dark gray slacks and jacket, and holds tight to the body. 👍
    ETA: That’s a terrible picture. The leather is relatively thick, and the belt slots are better than most of my Galco/DeSantis holsters. My Galco Fletch is about equal. Both the Fletch and Ayessa holsters ride high.
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-11-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWintergreen View Post
    He certainly helped with that trigger guard shape.
    Wait a Minute! I had to take my Like ​back. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  42.9 KB

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0823L43BD...roduct_details
    It’s a pretty nice holster. It blends with my usual dark gray slacks and jacket, and holds tight to the body. 👍
    ETA: That’s a terrible picture. The leather is relatively thick, and the belt slots are better than most of my Galco/DeSantis holsters. My Galco Fletch is about equal. Both the Fletch and Ayessa holsters ride high.
    Thanks, I'll have to look for a lefty model.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Nice! I have one that looks just like it! Love the trigger and its shoots well to boot.

I went with a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake OWB holster and belt for mine. There are not a lot of choices for holsters right now.

Name:  IMG_0022.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0015.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0024.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  58.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Nice! I have one that looks just like it! Love the trigger and its shoots well to boot.

I went with a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake OWB holster and belt for mine. There are not a lot of choices for holsters right now.
    I’d like to find a shoulder holster, or at least the holster component.

I heard you mention the date of manufacture in your first video, if you scan the QR label (gray label) that was attached to your trigger guard, it will reveal date of manufacture. My KC has a RA261**** serial and was manufactured 08/18/2021. Just a little insight as to date of manufacture. This second KC's finish is different than my older KC purchased in Feb/2021.

I've recently developed a huge Colt revolver addiction, of recent.

User Tag List