Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What else do you like to do?

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    What kind of pedals?

Ever sell your pedals?

To keep it on topic, I play bass, record a little, trying to get back to mountain biking but have a three year old who keeps me pretty busy when not working
    Usually overdrives and preamps based on tube circuits, or clones of other pedals.
    I do sometime sell some, but with the supply chain and international shipping the current mess that it is, I'm having to hold off on building for a while.

The below is based on the Sunn 200s preamp:
    Name:  200s.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  32.5 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My standard response is:
    If it combusts gunpowder or gasoline I am reaching for my wallet!
    But I also like archery and bicycles.
    Motorcycles are still a big thing with me, been not so active but took two good trips this year and brought a second one home.
    Am into snowmobiles but am currently taking a self imposed break.
    Have a nice truck but also a Focus ST I have really enjoyed.
    But the biggest step back onto a slipery slope happened last weekend, when this followed us home....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Huh. G is usually one of the first two chords I teach kids.
    Well, I did say I was bad at guitar!

I expect I'm flashing back to trying to learn from a Mel Bay book and having it want me to play it with 2 3 and 4.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter
    @mmc45414 - Isn't that a hole in the water into which you throw money?

For me, it's my bicycles and train running. I haven't been able to do too much of the latter since Laura mostly flattened the nearby state park where I did most of my running and Delta finished the job. Chemo and covid slowed me way down, but I'm still out there!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Not our first rodeo. This was the last one and probably the worst financial decision I ever made.

Just too old to keep up with, then no fault of it's own, a crazy cold snap cracked the block and I tapped out and sold it to a guy that just wanted the trailer. When we met for the transaction he told me he hoped it wouldn't bother me, but he planned to salvage all the hardware and scrap the hull. My response was that like your daughter's honeymoon, you know the score, but you really don't want the details...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmc45414; 10-08-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Well, I did say I was bad at guitar!

I expect I'm flashing back to trying to learn from a Mel Bay book and having it want me to play it with 2 3 and 4.
    LOL! 2, 3, and 4 is one of the more efficient ways to play it in some progressions if your fingers are long enough and strong enough. Some kids, their pinkies aren’t there yet, so we do it other ways. Littles get to play the four string, one finger version.

- Work
    - Airplanes/Flying/Hanging out at the airport
    - Just bought a mountain bike today, going to give that a shot.
    - Guitar
    - I coached my daughter’s T-ball team this year and enjoyed it. I plan on doing it again in the spring.

ETA: After becoming a dad and having two daughters, ‘anxiety’ appears to have become my new pastime.
    Last edited by TC215; 10-08-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Hole in the water surrounded by wood, or steel, or fiberglass, into which one throws money.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

During quarantine I've gotten back into building plastic scale models. About a 20 year hiatus. Mostly building airplanes and armored vehicles right now.

I liked doing this as a kid but now I have youtube to teach me new painting techniques that really make everything look much more realistic.

User Tag List