Thread: Gonna steal/borrow my 8 year old’s Romeo 5

Gonna steal/borrow my 8 year old’s Romeo 5 to put on my Mark IV 22/45 lite

Well, he’s got it on a crossman select fire AR BB gun.. and he’s OK with me borrowing it. I was having a hard time finding a detachable picatinny mount for a 509T I have .. I decided to go with a QD mount in case I still need to use my iron sights since, based on what I can see, there are no Mark IV 509t mounts that would allow the use of irons too, even if I take the picatinny rail off. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I was going to go with a QD ADM mount for the 509t, but nobody has one in stock.. and then it dawned on me. I could ask Rocco if I can Rock his Romeo 5 on the Mark IV using a low mount! He said sure, but if I like it, the deal is, I get him another one, which is fair enough!

Do you recommend a 25 yard zero? Or do you recommend some other distance? What holdovers will I have to contend with at 7-15 yards, given the height over bore discrepancy? I may use it for rabbit hunting and typically I think I‘d get 10-15 yard shots fairly regularly but I’m not sure a 15y zero is the way to go.

Gonna be running it suppressed mainly too btw.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 10-07-2021 at 06:46 PM.

I zero my .22 handguns at 25 yards. At fifteen yards for small game using CCI Small Game Hunting, the POI is 0.5" low when using a twenty-five yard zero.

Just saw the suppressed text. Using 42-grain Gemtech Suppressor (loaded by CCI), the POI at fifteen years is less than 0.25" low when using a twenty-five yard zero.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I zero my .22 handguns at 25 yards. At fifteen yards for small game using CCI Small Game Hunting, the POI is 0.5" low when using a twenty-five yard zero.

Just saw the suppressed text. Using 42-grain Gemtech Suppressor (loaded by CCI), the POI at fifteen years is less than 0.25" low when using a twenty-five yard zero.
    Awesome info. Many thanks.

User Tag List