Thread: Manurhin’s Red-Headed Stepchild

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Manurhin’s Red-Headed Stepchild

The Manurhin MR96 deserves to be better known.
    Name:  AB00001b.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  29.6 KB
    4" Manurhin MR96 serial number AB00001
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Okay, Michael I'll bite-more details, sir. And why is the cylinder latch on the right front of the frame?

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Okay, Michael I'll bite-more details, sir. And why is the cylinder latch on the right front of the frame?

Best, Jon
    The article I linked above is very informative. The location of the cylinder latch is chosen to allow operation with the left hand.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    One has to question the wisdom of a squared off trigger guard - placing the weak hand index finger perfectly in line with the barrel cylinder gap. Curious is it not.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    The article I linked above is very informative. The location of the cylinder latch is chosen to allow operation with the left hand.
    Many thanks, Michael.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Interesting and weird. Thanks for posting.

When I first saw one of these (pictured) I thought how weird it looked vs MR73 and all other "traditional" revolvers.
    Now it seems to have grown on me.
    There weren't many made, does anybody actually shoot one? A lot.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List