Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Mateba 2006M

The Manurhin MR73 is the best revolver ever made. Except for this one:
    Name:  001182a.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  29.4 KB
    1990 6" .357 Magnum Mateba 2006M revolver serial number 001182
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    The Manurhin MR73 is the best revolver ever made. Except for this one:
    Name:  001182a.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  29.4 KB
    1990 6" .357 Magnum Mateba 2006M revolver serial number 001182
    Two words: Registered Magnum.

Site Supporter
    Quite popular in anime. That's good enough evidence for me.

Registered Magnum

I assume you are talking about the policy Smith and Wesson had on their .357 revolvers back in the day. I am frantically working on my time machine so I can go back in time and purchase one of these fine revolvers. Buy it at the "then" price and not the "now" price. While I'm at it, I'll drop by 1955 and purchase a couple of those fine Chevrolet 2-dr. hardtops that are worth a mint now. Oh, I have so many do-overs on my continually expanding list. Thanks for the memory lane jog Stephanie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Two words: Registered Magnum.
    My agency has a registered magnum in the range. It was seized at some point in the distant past, and is temporarily spared the crusher while it sits in the range. I've shot it a few times over the years.

While a very nice revolver, it's nothing special. A semi custom revolver from a good gunsmith far exceeds it.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    My agency has a registered magnum in the range. It was seized at some point in the distant past, and is temporarily spared the crusher while it sits in the range. I've shot it a few times over the years.

While a very nice revolver, it's nothing special. A semi custom revolver from a good gunsmith far exceeds it.
    Your agency is staffed by morons if they can't figure out a way to sell it.

Site Supporter
    For the Mateba to be the "best revolver in the world" one must first identify what "best" means. It certainly isn't my version of best.

It could also qualify as the second ugliest revolver in the world. The Chiappa (sp?) Rino would be ranked as first. (smile)

Dave

I would have to go with Janz for best revolver ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Your agency is staffed by morons if they can't figure out a way to sell it.
    My agency, by law, cannot sell seized/surrendered/surplus firearms. They all go to the crusher. Some, with training value or similar, get a reprieve until that day comes.

You would be sad if you knew of some of the guns that have been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    My agency, by law, cannot sell seized/surrendered/surplus firearms. They all go to the crusher. Some, with training value or similar, get a reprieve until that day comes.

You would be sad if you knew of some of the guns that have been destroyed.
    Then the legislators, be they state or federal, are idiots. One of my carry guns, a 3rd gen Colt DS, was such a firearm that a department, which is not so constrained, traded to a LGS/gunsmith for custom-built ARs.

I probably would be sad. So let's leave it at that.

User Tag List