Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  E1786492-C247-48C4-ADF0-E0E97C204AD0.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  52.9 KB

Next to a green 510

Name:  8D7ED1E2-4C23-4B59-9B7D-B2E5A6F38473.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  64.8 KB

I put it on my “tactical” MPX and the plan is to use it in rain.

The dot washes out a little on bright snow with dot only. But similar to green and I plan on using it for rain when it would be overcast anyway.

I like it and for the price, it’ll do.

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you get some more time on it. I only have experience with red reticle optics and have been curious about the newer green and amber ones. I haven’t had a chance to handle or use a green reticle optic yet but have found that the lime green front iron sights “pop” more to my eyes than the orange ones.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you get some more time on it. I only have experience with red reticle optics and have been curious about the newer green and amber ones. I haven’t had a chance to handle or use a green reticle optic yet but have found that the lime green front iron sights “pop” more to my eyes than the orange ones.
    My thought process has been the following:

I have a lot of dot handgun experience with a single red dot reticle. For most handguns, low height over bore means it’s pretty much “see dot, shoot dot.”

When I started shooting PCC / long guns I wanted something visually different so my brain would immediately realize that now we are having to think about holdover. Where I aim at 7 yards with a green dot PCC to hit a head A zone is different than where I aim with a red dot handgun.

I wanted a green dot enclosed emitter 512 for rain but they aren’t available at this time, but the Gold Dots are pretty inexpensive and available. So I thought I would try it out.

I figure if there’s ever a challenging sun angle, I can use the whole circle dot reticle instead of the dot only.

Some time with it

Spending more time with it, I just keep thinking that it’s urine colored dot.

It does seem to “pop” pretty well.

Will test outdoors when it gets warmer.

It’s VERY yellow without any hint of red so I think that might make it clearer that it’s not the sun when low sun angle.

User Tag List