Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical...GLOCK?

I could not help being a little confused by the LTT Glock web site offerings.

I had a brief look last night to "build" an optic equipped G19. Starting here:

https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-...w-trigger-job/

The price ranges from $669 to $921.

The first option is Glock trigger undercut, listed as "required". But then there is a "struck through" font option 'yes', and another option 'no'? Either can be selected. So is it not required then I assume. Click 'yes' I'm at $765.

Five sight options are listed. Again, they are all struck through. Selecting RMR BUIS I'm at $859.

The next option is adapter plate. Three are listed, CHPWS Red for the 407k/507k, and a CHPWS Black, same. Or no adapter plate. What is a CHPWS Red plate? Black? Why are the narrow/slim Holosun plates offered for a Glock 19 and not the 507c/407c? Why no mention of other popular optic plates? Anyway, I toss the coin and pick Red, now I am at $961.

What do I get for $961?

The following verbiage is stated as follows:

LTT Glock® 19 includes the LTT Trigger Job and the Apex Action Enhancement Kit with the option to add the following:

Undercutting the Trigger Guard
    C & H Precision Speed Shoot (for quicker reloads)
    C & H Precision Red dot optic plates
    Back-Up Iron Sights
    Night Sights
    Talon Pro Grips
    Laser Stippling - Brick Texture or Hand Texture

Note the phrase "with the option to add". This is confusing, since none of these options are listed in any of the drop downs, except the sights. Is undercutting the trigger guard included, or is that an "option to add"? Do I add these items to my cart, in addition to the pistol selection? So for example, if I wanted a CHPWS Speed Shoot, and a set of Talon Pro-Grips, do I add them to my cart, and will the pistol come "assembled", with the Talon grip panel applied and the Speed Shoot inserted? I assume the "trigger job" and Apex kit are included in what I get for the $961, but I need to add the others? And I assume an optic is "not included" in the price, so if I get one of these, I still have to mount the optic myself?

I certainly wish LTT well in this endeavor. It just seems to me the current web site / ordering process might be a bit easier to understand, so the customer knows what, exactly, they are getting, because right now it's a bit hard to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    One thing I can guarantee, is that Ernest Langdon and Tom Jones would both rather this thread be focused on the interesting LTT Glock offerings and not the SCD. I know that many of us feel very connected to the Gadget because of Todd, Tom and the forum. I was an early beta tester, including on a 10mm Glock in Alaska, while my wife tested the Gadget on her 26. No doubt, when there is SCD news we will hear it, but until then, let's focus on what LTT is offering. I would like to feel their trigger and frame undercut.
    I’m very interested in the new LTT Glocks, but a SCD is an absolute requirement for me for any pistol that might be holstered for carry. It’s intertwined - no SCD, no LTT Glock. That’s why the appearance of SCDs in the video is of interest to me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I had a brief look last night to "build" an optic equipped G19. Starting here:

https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-...w-trigger-job/

The price ranges from $669 to $921.

The first option is Glock trigger undercut, listed as "required". But then there is a "struck through" font option 'yes', and another option 'no'? Either can be selected. So is it not required then I assume. Click 'yes' I'm at $765.

Five sight options are listed. Again, they are all struck through. Selecting RMR BUIS I'm at $859.

The next option is adapter plate. Three are listed, CHPWS Red for the 407k/507k, and a CHPWS Black, same. Or no adapter plate. What is a CHPWS Red plate? Black? Why are the narrow/slim Holosun plates offered for a Glock 19 and not the 507c/407c? Why no mention of other popular optic plates? Anyway, I toss the coin and pick Red, now I am at $961.

What do I get for $961?

The following verbiage is stated as follows:

LTT Glock® 19 includes the LTT Trigger Job and the Apex Action Enhancement Kit with the option to add the following:

Undercutting the Trigger Guard
    C & H Precision Speed Shoot (for quicker reloads)
    C & H Precision Red dot optic plates
    Back-Up Iron Sights
    Night Sights
    Talon Pro Grips
    Laser Stippling - Brick Texture or Hand Texture

Note the phrase "with the option to add". This is confusing, since none of these options are listed in any of the drop downs, except the sights. Is undercutting the trigger guard included, or is that an "option to add"? Do I add these items to my cart, in addition to the pistol selection? So for example, if I wanted a CHPWS Speed Shoot, and a set of Talon Pro-Grips, do I add them to my cart, and will the pistol come "assembled", with the Talon grip panel applied and the Speed Shoot inserted? I assume the "trigger job" and Apex kit are included in what I get for the $961, but I need to add the others? And I assume an optic is "not included" in the price, so if I get one of these, I still have to mount the optic myself?

I certainly wish LTT well in this endeavor. It just seems to me the current web site / ordering process might be a bit easier to understand, so the customer knows what, exactly, they are getting, because right now it's a bit hard to follow.
    It doesn’t make sense to me, either. Hopefully it will be addressed, I’m quite interested in ordering one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Like @RJ, I had the idea of going to the LTT website. He has laid out the options, and I won’t duplicate them here. They seem relatively modest. I don’t have a lot of experience with Apex, but they have a good reputation. Some LE/.mil organizations don’t allow modifications, so there is that. No mention in the website list of the SCD. It seems that LTT has heard of Cooper’s old comment on the 1911: it really “needs sights you can see, and a good trigger”.
    Logical business move to address an internet market where one can pull from a list of options to customize. He does have other brands, e.g. Beretta, listed. Maybe he does 1911s next…
    I’d be interested in one to feel the undercut. I think could also offer some Tango Down parts like the slide stop lever which is extended.
    Best of luck to the launch of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It doesn’t make sense to me, either. Hopefully it will be addressed, I’m quite interested in ordering one.
    I think I did figure out the struckthrough text, though. I think it just means that item is 'out of stock'. Apparently "required" just means you have to make a selection, one or the other.

Back to the LTT offerings, it seems like I've seen other aftermarket shops use "levels", or "tiers" of modification, not unlike what is employed in the automotive tuning world. There does seem a lot of benefit, in terms of clarity to the customer, in offering stages of tune in a gun, like stages of tune in a car. Something like:

- Stage 1 - Basic G19 with LTT Trigger Job, Apex connector, Apex trigger bar
    - Stage 2 - Stage 1 Plus Trigger Undercut
    - Stage 3 - Stage 2 Plus CHPWS plates, night sights, grip panels, etc.
    - Stage 4 - The Full Monty, Big Enchilada, all-singing, all-dancing, full on "LTT Glock": Stage 3 and all the other stuff in the catalog.

Dunno if we'd ever see that, as the web site seems to have rolled out as is.

But I would be very interested in hearing what goes into a LTT Trigger job, for instance. I have Apex parts in my gamer G34. I've since gone back to a OEM '-' connector that I've polished myself, but I kept the Apex trigger bar (the Apex trigger bar appears identical to an OEM bar, less the flat face Apex shoe, which I quite like.)

I do wish Mr. Langdon well, and hope he sells a bunch of stuff.

I’m hoping they will add more details about the sight options (or I’m just missing them) - I’d be ordering without an optic plate since I would be using a FCD/TD ACRO plate, and while I’m fine ordering and installing my own irons being able to have a gun ready to go sans optic out of the box would be nice.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m very interested in the new LTT Glocks, but a SCD is an absolute requirement for me for any pistol that might be holstered for carry. It’s intertwined - no SCD, no LTT Glock. That’s why the appearance of SCDs in the video is of interest to me.

We agree on this 100%, and apparently an interest in rail roads.

No doubt things will go well with LTT Glocks, but I just can’t do Glock sans SCD.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

<snip>

I agree the selection process wasn't smooth and having to choose the grip options on a separate page was odd. I was also left with a bunch of questions.

I think most of my concerns are the same here as for any purchase on the 'net, you don't really know how the grip and trigger will feel until it's in your hand. I'm unsure how a returns process would work but I haven't looked for info on that in the LTT website. That said, I am comfortable trusting LTT with regard to the trigger and would order the Talon grips, I wouldn't want the grip permanently modded till I had a few rounds thru it.

The choice of sights is where I found the biggest gap, the options didn't appeal to me at all. The idea of 3 coloured dots in the sight picture with the red dot is way too busy for me. I guess the web options have been simplified for coding reasons but if that's not a set up that people use on a pistol with a PMO, why include it? Am I missing something? Is it common to use night sights as back ups to dot?

With aftermarket sights fitted to a new gun, will they be adjusted to shoot POA/POI?

I was also confused by the references to RMR and SRO with the back up sights but Holosun on the adaptor plates, which sight works with the 407k/507k? Is that something I should just know?

I'm left needing to research the options listed which isn't difficult, it would have been good to have more info to hand and I have plenty of time to do that as from all the strike through font, they've sold out already. Obviously some are happy with the choices

Site Supporter
    I’m not too concerned by the confusing stuff on the site. LTT will likely fix it, they have excellent CS from what I read and this just started.

Though I will not use a Glock sans SCD unless I have to, LTT did manage to give me a little excitement about Glock.

I'm confused, perhaps. Given the ease of part work on Glocks (even I can manage it, despite wedging the firing pin safety spring into the extractor plunger channel during the practical exercise), there appears to be quite a bit of overhead cost here.
    Last edited by No.6; 10-08-2021 at 01:02 PM.

User Tag List