Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical...GLOCK?

New grip texturing...
    http://instagram.com/p/CVG4ZmUs7Tj/
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    When I first looked at the LTT website when you started the thread, I saw that option but wasn't sure about it.

What are it's merits other than a distinctive visual?

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    When I first looked at the LTT website when you started the thread, I saw that option but wasn't sure about it.

It's been said now and again the Glocks are bricks...

ND sorry.

That pistol is crying out for a TLR-7!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Calling him Ernie moves your order to Q4 2022.
    Blame it on the bourbon but it is probably still worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    ND sorry.
    NO GLOCK FOR YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    NO GLOCK FOR YOU!
    Obviously wasn't running his thumb on the hammer

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    If anyone gets their hands on a Langton modified Glock please post your thoughts. I’ve only seen one review. It was very positive.
    I don't have an LTT modified gun, but I do have Apex parts in my Gen5 Glock pistols.

The Gen5 Glocks in 9mm tend to be considerably more accurate than previous generation Glocks. The first Gen5 I purchased is probably legitimately a 1" or less gun at 25. I know it seems like a weird metric, but I've killed a pile of squirrels with it. Shots on the squirrels have ranged from 25 yards to just under 70, and each one was aiming at the vitals and hitting said vitals with +P 124 grain HST. Including one where I aimed at the little bastard's head at about 40 yards and threaded an HST through the CNS. (Witnessed)

I think that gun is exceptionally accurate, but all of them seem to be a considerable step up in the accuracy you can expect over prior generation guns. Glock has re-worked the barrel fit, geometry, and possibly even chamber dimensions in a deliberate effort to make the guns more accurate and it seems to work.

They get hotter than previous generation Glock pistols. Likely because of changes to the surface hardening and/or finish Glock is now using. So if you are shooting a high round count or if you are using them on hot, sunny days you need to be mindful of that.

I've used the guns stock and with the Apex parts, and the Apex parts have considerable advantages. Just the Apex trigger and trigger bar in the gun reduces overtravel on the trigger, which is where I find a lot of the propensity to steer the gun at the point of ignition happens. ("Glocks shoot left") The shape of the trigger is likely helpful for helping get a better angle on the trigger for some people. (Doesn't do much for me) Adding in the Apex disconnector doesn't dramatically impact felt pull weight, but it does seem to smooth out the experience of the trigger press.

That in and of itself is nice as it results in a trigger press that doesn't noticeably change during the process. In other words, there's still the Glock style takeup in the trigger but once you actually start moving the striker the trigger seems to "roll" right through. That makes it easier to shoot well.

I can imagine that if LTT's employees are actually doing work to the parts that the result will be a trigger that's even better than the one in my guns.

Glocks are still far from ideal for me because they just don't fit my hands well...but the modifications I've made to mine allow me to perform at a very high level none the less.

So you can expect the mods to make it easier to shoot the guns well either for maximum accuracy or at speed.

The Glock MOS might not be the ideal setup but it works well enough, especially if you have someone who knows what they are doing install the adapter plates properly so you don't have to worry about breaking fasteners in the slide, etc. So I'm sure that will be a load off most people's minds. (Although my Glocks wear an Aimpoint adapter plate and a FCD adapter plate as I have Acro sights on my pistols)

It'll be really hard to go wrong with an LTT package on a Glock if you don't have some sort of severe objection to Glock pistols. If this had been available a couple of years ago when I swapped to Glocks so I could figure out dots, I'd have bought one. The packages on offer here are mostly what I've done to my own guns more incrementally over time.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

I install a section of 3M safety tape on my guns right around the thumb imprint on the left side of the gun. I do that because I find the meat of my support hand thumb "drumstick" hits right there and I need extra traction at exactly that point to get enough bite to help keep the gun from squirming under recoil. It looks like the LTT laser mods add texture right there which might eliminate the need for that.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List