Thread: ATF agent down in Nashville

ATF agent down in Nashville

Video here:

https://www.wkrn.com/video/video-sho...jured/7039260/

I can’t go into details beyond what’s been released to the media, but the agent needs prayers.

The Nashville division of the FBI will be taking lead on the investigation.

Investigators said ATF officers were attempting to bring a drug suspect into custody when shots were fired.

Witnesses told News 2 they heard as many as 30 to 40 rounds being fired from what sounded like multiple weapons.

The shooting scene is being investigated by multiple agencies, including Metro Police, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), and ATF, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Site Supporter
    I’ll be thinking of him and his family in the tough days to come.

Genuine appreciation for those who put it on the line when called.

I'm not clear on the tactics there, so I can't comment on that, but the most surprising thing from that video, to me, was the somewhat accurate group of rounds going into the windshield of the silver minivan (which was the LEO vehicle, blocking in the perp's Jeep).

The suspect is dead (and I assume the suspect is not the female who evacuated out the passenger door).

Scary stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I'm not clear on the tactics there, so I can't comment on that, but the most surprising thing from that video, to me, was the somewhat accurate group of rounds going into the windshield of the silver minivan (which was the LEO vehicle, blocking in the perp's Jeep).

The suspect is dead (and I assume the suspect is not the female who evacuated out the passenger door).

Scary stuff.
    My money would be on those being rounds headed the other way through the windshield.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post

Scary stuff.
    It’s hard for me to tell…. Was that group in the silver minivan’s windshield caused by incoming or outgoing rounds?
    I’m seeing puffs of glass on the outside of windows for lots of the impacts on most of the glass, so I’m not sure that’s indicative of the direction of the bullet.

Site Supporter
    Serious slugfest.

It looks like at least 3 rounds come through the driver's door window/door frame of the silver vehicle as it's opening?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    My money would be on those being rounds headed the other way through the windshield.
    My take: I think the tight cluster was outgoing, but that some of the rounds in other areas of the windshield were incoming. It also looks like some hit the driver side mirror or other trim on the van. When the passenger door of the van opens, it looks like an agent gets out, then ducks down and does not reappear on camera.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List