Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have zero additional info, but if Post Samples are in possession of a dealer that is going out of business or will no longer carry their license, there is a one time exception which allows the guns to be sold to another dealer without a law enforcement letter.

Why surrender the guns to ATF and leave all that money on the table if you can liquidate them ?

I wish LAV the best but in legal terms surrender does not = seizure.

What ever might be going on is likely still under seal of the court.
    Honestly I’m just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. My source in the DOJ told me to pound sand so I really have no insight

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Honestly I’m just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. My source in the DOJ told me to pound sand so I really have no insight
    I'm not surprised, in the federal system "Under Seal" is serious business.

I heard over the grapevine that it was an "administrative seizure, no criminal charges".

My response when I got the word about the ATF raid. "I hope Larry's dog is okay".

Oh man, not even a year into this administration! Whoopee!
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I heard over the grapevine that it was an "administrative seizure, no criminal charges".

My response when I got the word about the ATF raid. "I hope Larry's dog is okay".
    That matches chatter I'm hearing: LAV's SOT/FFL expired in May 2021 (which would have been during his cancer treatment) but still had his MG. That's unconfirmed though.

This is very sad and upsetting considering all else that Larry is going through with cancer.

It looks like they confiscated firearms and items that would not fall under a SOT/FFL. Maybe a lot of Larry's personally owned non NFA guns were listed on his SOT.

Here are some of them:

"Heckler and Koch MR 223 Rifle CAL:223
    Heckler and Koch MR 308 Machinegun"

By the listing above, the Heckler and Koch MR 223 Rifle is a rifle. And Koch MR 308 is a semiauto rifle, not a machine gun.

"Bravo Company BCM4 Rifle CAL:556"--again by their definition it is a rifle.

And then there is "Tikka Unknown Rifle CAL:ZZ"--a bolt action rifle but they don't list the caliber which would be prominently displayed on the receiver.

I saw a lot of listings like this: "Unknown Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:87053018"

If it is "Unknown Unknown" how do they know it is a machine gun?

There are other things that I noticed, but I will stop there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    This is very sad and upsetting considering all else that Larry is going through with cancer.

It looks like they confiscated firearms and items that would not fall under a SOT/FFL. Maybe a lot of Larry's personally owned non NFA guns were listed on his SOT.

Here are some of them:

"Heckler and Koch MR 223 Rifle CAL:223
    Heckler and Koch MR 308 Machinegun"

By the listing above, the Heckler and Koch MR 223 Rifle is a rifle. And Koch MR 308 is a semiauto rifle, not a machine gun.

"Bravo Company BCM4 Rifle CAL:556"--again by their definition it is a rifle.

And then there is "Tikka Unknown Rifle CAL:ZZ"--a bolt action rifle but they don't list the caliber which would be prominently displayed on the receiver.

I saw a lot of listings like this: "Unknown Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:87053018"

If it is "Unknown Unknown" how do they know it is a machine gun?

There are other things that I noticed, but I will stop there.
    Likely items which belong to the business.

We are all supposed to thank our overlords that they are keeping us safe and being good stewards of our tax dollars.

Nice to see nobody is jumping to conclusions, here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Nice to see nobody is jumping to conclusions, here.
    I'm just sad and angry.
    #RESIST

User Tag List