Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    “Larry is also a several time cancer survivor. If he has any recurrence, being in prison will prevent him from getting the high level of medical care that he was able to secure on the outside.”

Not necessarily true.

This is an argument used by virtually all defendants who find themselves convicted of felonies and having to serve time with chronic conditions ie. Cancer, High blood pressure, HIV, Hep C, diabetes, etc.

The level of medical care at FMC Butner (in NC in close proximity to Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Wake Forrest) and FMC Rochester ( in MN with a clinical relationship to Drs from Mayo) is reputed to be quite good.

Having said that, one could surmise that somebody who was/is as sick a Mr. Vickers would be additionally incentivized to cooperate to the extent possible in an effort to minimize his time at a facility/prison setting as opposed to being outside of a facility on probation and/or supervised release.
    Let me add. I retired from the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The amount is obviously higher now but when I was a Lieutenant in 2015 the BOP budget was 6 billion dollars (it’s about 9 billion today) out of that 6 billion BOP spent over 1 billion in health care alone.

To the point BOP took several dings in some audits and house committees because they failed to use compassionate release programs to lesson the Governmental expenses.

They also look at the amount of inmates with health issues have several institutions that are dubbed “Care Level 3” which in short are inmates not necessarily needing a hospital but have out patient and chronic issues. Those institutions are near adequate medical facilities. I retired out of USP/FCC Terre Haute which was classes as a Care Level 3 and in 2015 spent 15 million at a local hospital with a contract for a secure room.
    Last edited by ECS686; 10-21-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Fuck no, I laughed heartily at that one.

This is brilliant.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    That's funny. I mean...yeah, you're going to hell for that, definitely. But it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Didn’t LAV have issues when he was a GS employee at Bragg in regards to demo equipment and T&E type stuff?
    I don't know, and I doubt anyone who does will talk about it. He had some large scale pissing contests in that era.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I don't know, and I doubt anyone who does will talk about it. He had some large scale pissing contests in that era.
    If you have ever worked in the Federal Government as a civilian and were actually competent in your field and trying to make improvements. Just doing your job you would have a pissing contest with LOTS of folks. The more inept the more they are allowed to run things.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This is irrelevant to the case LAV was caught up in.

The core of the LAV case is violations of sanctions involving a hostile foreign power.

Tell me you haven’t read the thread without telling me you haven’t read the thread.
    You probably don't grasp the concept of a federal agency running guns with impunity and an individual running guns and being collared.

I can understand that.

If LV is guilty then he needs to do the time.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-22-2023 at 09:20 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You probably don't grasp the concept of a federal agency running guns with impunity and an individual running guns and being collared.

I can understand that.
    An agent from my agency was killed with one of those “walked” guns, his brother is one of my co-workers and saw the vehicle he died in every day for 5 years as it was held in our parking lot as evidence.

All of which had nothing to do with the case LAV is involved in.

Not only do you not “understand,” you don’t know shit about fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ECS686 View Post
    If you have ever worked in the Federal Government as a civilian and were actually competent in your field and trying to make improvements. Just doing your job you would have a pissing contest with LOTS of folks. The more inept the more they are allowed to run things.
    Concur whole heartedly. I’ve served 5 years as DoD engineer and will retire with previous military time bought in. Worked 30 years private sector and looked to recoup 8 years Navy time to finish retirement assets. The people in government leadership are generally incompetent at the real work and manipulate and slander those that are competent to appear to have controll.

Sad state.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    politicized OT rant
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sad reality of tragedy at a personal level
    I wish I hadn't read this page of the thread, ...I am sure that I have added 1+1 and came up with 4 in the past myself, but WTF
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

User Tag List