Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    ". . . made money off my name . . . "

Are we expected to believe Wilson Combat used Vickers' name to sell product, but didn't give him money in return? They made a business deal, that they each thought would benefit them. As a result of Vickers confessed actions, Wilson made a business decision based on what he thinks is best for his company. Time will tell if that was a good choice, or not.
    One recent endorsement in the beverage business can assure us that Name Image Likeness deals cut two ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    The proper quote is "the LOVE of money is the root of all kinds of evil".
    Thank you for the correction..It adds even more meaning..

I wonder how this is going to affect LAV’s books, and book sales? Right now, I’d guess they’re on the same level as R.L. Wilson’s books, I have several of those that I bought in my local drug mart, I think I paid $5-6 apiece for them..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I wonder how this is going to affect LAV’s books, and book sales? Right now, I’d guess they’re on the same level as R.L. Wilson’s books, I have several of those that I bought in my local drug mart, I think I paid $5-6 apiece for them..
    Wilson's books have lost value because of his scandal of improperly valuing the guns. He was using his books to inflate the value of the gun collections he was reviewing so that he can upsell later on. Of course, he was convicted later on for stealing people's money after brokering their guns. Vicker's books are informational, and I don't think his conviction degrades the books content or material.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Wilson's books have lost value because of his scandal of improperly valuing the guns. He was using his books to inflate the value of the gun collections he was reviewing so that he can upsell later on. Of course, he was convicted later on for stealing people's money after brokering their guns. Vicker's books are informational, and I don't think his conviction degrades the books content or material.
    Well, that remains to be seen, myself I think that his conviction will have an effect on sales, no doubt there is a wealth of information in them, and granted his conviction won’t change the information, it’s just that no matter how you slice it, it’s still connected to Vickers. I wonder if any of the guns he acquired illegally were pictured in any of the books?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I'm keeping an eye on the Wilson Combat clearance page...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Like that Blue Force sling the Marines bought.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Force-Ge...ps%2C94&sr=8-1
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like them I’ve got a few. I doubt LAV actually designed it, honestly.
    According to Blue Force Gear - they have owned the patent the entire time and stated as such when they were sued by Magpul. They were sued by Magpul because LAV called Magpul and told them they were violating BFG's Patent and they needed to pay royalties for it: https://casetext.com/case/magpul-ind...lue-force-gear

In particular, [Magpul] contends that prior to filing BFG twice accused Magpul of copying the '601 Patent and threatened that Magpul would be required to pay a royalty or face legal ramifications. The first alleged threat took place when Mr. Vickers called Drake Clark of Magpul and accused Magpul of copying the '601 Patent design. See Am. Compl. [ECF No. 12] ¶¶ 16-17. Mr. Vickers allegedly maintained that Magpul should pay a royalty for using the design and suggested that Mr. Clark contact the CEO of BFG, Ashley Burnsed, to discuss such an arrangement. See id.¶ 17. Magpul insists that Mr. Vickers was acting on behalf of BFG when he made that call, and that this conversation along with a future discussion between Mr. Clark and Mr. Burnsed together created an actual case or controversy.

The question at issue in this matter is whether Mr. Vickers was acting as an agent of BFG when he (allegedly) spoke to Mr. Clark. Discovery Requests Nos. 1-3 are sought for purposes of establishing this relationship. Magpul insists that it has reason to believe that Mr. Vickers was an agent of BFG because (allegedly) (1) BFG worked jointly with Mr. Vickers to develop the '601 Patent, (2) Mr. Vickers receives a royalty on sales of the patented product, and (3) Mr. Vickers demonstrated detailed knowledge of the '601 Patent's prosecution when he spoke to Mr. Clark, suggesting coordination between Mr. Vickers and BFG. See [ECF No. 20 at 4-5]. BFG does not dispute that Mr. Vickers is a celebrity endorser of the patented product; in fact, it markets the product as the Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Application Sling. However, BFG alleges that it has sole ownership over the '601 Patent and that public ownership records were available both before the call between Mr. Vickers and Mr. Clark took place and in advance of the filing of this action.
    FWIW, Burnsed and BFG are sometimes called, "Sue Force Gear" - because they continually threaten to sue people for patent infringement (but usually don't follow through). I've seen enough of the various comms from Burnsed over the years + discussion of LAV to understand now - they are birds of a feather.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    FWIW, Burnsed and BFG are sometimes called, "Sue Force Gear" - because they continually threaten to sue people for patent infringement (but usually don't follow through). I've seen enough of the various comms from Burnsed over the years + discussion of LAV to understand now - they are birds of a feather.
    That's an interesting and novel claim. Minus those Tac Insider Network folks using the moniker, which as you know was found humorous by many BFG employees, could you link or otherwise indicate another usage of that moniker, please?

Further, could you expand on these various comms from Ashley Burnsed over the years?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Karma....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

20 December 2024
    0300 Zulu

Federal Medical Center Butner
    Bahama, NC

A daring helicopter assault force busts convicted felon Larry Vickers out of prison; a hand is seen reaching out from the smoke, the operator pulls down his balaclava and says "your turn buddy!" Camera does a close up and sees the operator is KURT MUSE.

Vickers says “Thanks buddy, I came up with this idea first though!”

Closing Narration:

With the first step act, Larry was going to be released in another 6 months anyway.

User Tag List